Homemade 3pt pasture drag

/ Homemade 3pt pasture drag #1  

RoMad

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710
I wanted to have a drag to spread the manure around the pasture and also to smooth out where we dig burn pits etc. My old drag worked pretty well, but I had to leave it out all of the time. I wanted one I could pick up with the three point hitch and put in the shed and I also wanted to be able to put a spike harrow on the same frame as my drag. For the frame I used a combination of square tubing and pipe that I got for salvage from work. For the drag I used a piece of old galvanized grating. I don't know what the grating weighs but I couln't even come close to picking it up. I cut it into 4 pieces and then fastened them back together so it would float a little. I tried it today and it worked pretty good. I am going to add a couple of brackets on the front pieces so I can sit some weight on them if I want to. For the front connectors I used old safety harness latches. They are good for 5k pounds each. Now that I know it works I will paint it. :)
Kioti%20CK20
[/URL][/IMG]
Kioti%20CK20
[/URL][/IMG]
Kioti%20CK20
[/URL][/IMG]
Kioti%20CK20
[/URL][/IMG]

/ Homemade 3pt pasture drag #2  
Hey, nice job.

/ Homemade 3pt pasture drag #4  
good looking drag, bet it does work good scattering out that donkey dookey. And the thought of using the frame for a spike rake or other implements is good too. It's amazing how much we can save and what we can come up with if we just use or heads and think.

/ Homemade 3pt pasture drag #6  
handy
good job :)

/ Homemade 3pt pasture drag #7  
ferguson123;:)[/QUOTE said:
In your signature'ferguson123', you have yourself down as a 'FIREWOOD PROCESSOR'?;)

Is that defined as one who takes a chunk of wood and turns it into a pile of ash as he sits absorbing the produced by product of the process, while sipping hot coffee and reading the almanac with his feet propped up and his backside firmly planted in a easy chair.:laughing::laughing:

:thumbsup: