Home-built hydoseeder

/ Home-built hydoseeder #1  

LotsofGreenGrass

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere L110 and Mahindra 2816 4wd
Anyone build their own hydroseeder? I think this would be a great project. I guess you need an agitator to. Wonder how you do that....

Anyone attempt this?

Thanks!

/ Home-built hydoseeder #2  
I looked into building a small scale unit and what I found it was cheaper to buy a used one than to build one that you might not ever get working right. There was another forum that had a few people that built their own but only after owning a few different ones.

I will see if I can find the links.

Edit: Found the forum. Search here
http://www.lawnsite.com/archive/index.php

/ Home-built hydoseeder
I looked into building a small scale unit and what I found it was cheaper to buy a used one than to build one that you might not ever get working right. There was another forum that had a few people that built their own but only after owning a few different ones.

I will see if I can find the links.

Edit: Found the forum. Search here
http://www.lawnsite.com/archive/index.php

Thanks! Good info!

/ Home-built hydoseeder #4  
I had a Hydroseeder that I sold last spring because the economy went south. It did a great job as my customers were cutting the grass within 3 weeks. The type of seed I used made a big difference, a product called Tackifer as we called it in the hydroseeding business as slicky sticky holds the seed and wood pulp 50/50 wood fiber and recycled paper to prevent erosion until the grass takes hold. I used 19 19 19 fertilizer in the slurry to help feed the grass. The secrete in seeding is to get the grass to grow quickly to choke the weeds so the lawn comes in complete and thick. I am attaching a link on this page so you can go see how the product works. I had the Turfmaker 550 unit and I liked it very much easy to use and worked like a champ. Good luck.
Hydroseeder & Hydromulcher - Bonded Fiber Matrix Equipment

Fear of the unknown, is greater then fear of the event.
Norm David 1972