How do I convert a splitter and chipper to 3-point hitch use?

/ How do I convert a splitter and chipper to 3-point hitch use? #11  
I'm also interested in putting an old chipper on the 3-point hitch. It is an old, old upright Troybilt, a pretty strong piece of original Troybilt. The chipper engine is still fine, but I have been pondering putting the chipper on the tractor. Then I get lost in RPM. I don't know how fast the chipper engine turns, nor do I know how to get the chipper pulley driven by the PTO. I wouldn't want to run the chipper at too high an RPM.

You're gonna kill yourself or at least end up in the ICU. Just don't.

/ How do I convert a splitter and chipper to 3-point hitch use? #12  
I've got an 8 HP TroyBilt Tomahawk chipper. It is a tank, but I just made an adapter so I can tow it with my tractor (similar to the illustration). The engine has enough power, so I don't see where it would be worth a PTO modification.

Attachments

• Tow Bar.pdf
    143.1 KB · Views: 160
   / How do I convert a splitter and chipper to 3-point hitch use? #13  
I've got an 8 HP TroyBilt Tomahawk chipper. It is a tank, but I just made an adapter so I can tow it with my tractor (similar to the illustration). The engine has enough power, so I don't see where it would be worth a PTO modification.

I'm about to buy this same chipper, so I'm thrilled to see it works well. What size branches can it process?

I found this thread because the owner said he may use the engine from it and give me the chipper for $40, to which I could convert it to PTO. I think I'd rather have the 8HP engine power it with a 3PH mount instead of having it PTO driven, though.

If the owner keeps the engine, PTO it will be.

/ How do I convert a splitter and chipper to 3-point hitch use? #14  
I'm about to buy this same chipper, so I'm thrilled to see it works well. What size branches can it process?
3" in the chipper, 1/2" in the shredder.

I found this thread because the owner said he may use the engine from it and give me the chipper for $40, to which I could convert it to PTO. I think I'd rather have the 8HP engine power it with a 3PH mount instead of having it PTO driven, though.

If the owner keeps the engine, PTO it will be.

I paid about $300 for it used, so you'd still be ahead if you bought an engine for it - maybe used or from Harbor Freight