Leaf Loader question

/ Leaf Loader question #1  

glmf

Silver Member
Tractor
CK20HST
I am trying to build my own boxed in type trailer with a lear loader on the front of it blowing into the trailer so I can drive around and vacum up the piles of leaves around the yard. Have done pretty well coming up with stuff except for the actual blower assy. Does anyone have any idea where I could score something like this. Thanks for looking

/ Leaf Loader question #2  
Did you look at the surplus outlet? They could have soemthing useful.

/ Leaf Loader question #3  
you could weld it up out of some steel plate (i have wanted to do this for years) or you could try to find an old silage blower

/ Leaf Loader question
I have tried surplus center and haven't seen what I am looking for. Welding one up might be the way I have to go. I would much prefer to find a blower somewhere. I haven't had any luck searching for silage blowers either. Hopefully something will come up. Thanks

/ Leaf Loader question #5  
Try Craigslist for something locally. I will be selling my older 5hp 6inch leaf loader motor and impeller assembly as soon as I get it out of the shed.

/ Leaf Loader question
just2quickz28,, check you pm's

/ Leaf Loader question #7  
I worked for a liquid manure spreader company(Calumet). We made impellers for them. Don't know if it was required but we would balance them on an old tire balance machine, the spin type. At 540 or 1000RPM balance maybe an issue with a homemade impeller. May want to get a bubble balance from HF. We had washer that were set for the weight need and then we welded them in place.

/ Leaf Loader question #8  
I am trying to build my own boxed in type trailer with a lear loader on the front of it blowing into the trailer so I can drive around and vacum up the piles of leaves around the yard. Have done pretty well coming up with stuff except for the actual blower assy. Does anyone have any idea where I could score something like this. Thanks for looking

I have one that I may sell. I live in southern Maine also.
PM me.