Almost Free Loader!

/ Almost Free Loader! #1  

Massey_lover

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson MF 250, Belarus T-40A
Some things are born from necessity, others are born from frugality. This could be a combination of both. I dug up a culvert and replaced it, and was having a hard time finding enough fill to cover it back up. So when I was on my way to the bush at about 7 this morning, I remembered that Grandpa had a set of bucket extensions from his old MF-165. He had them built in the '80s for plowing snow. These extensions sparked an idea in my head, why not built a Rear End Loader for the MF-50 we have now? So I loaded them into my trailer and brought them to the shed. Took me a little better than 3 hours to go from a pile of scrap parts to a functional rear scoop. p_00135.jpg

p_00134.jpg

p_00131.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the pictures, that was the best I could make my phone do after dark working by a halogen light. I still need to come up with a way to trip it, but it works okay the way it is, just by setting it down, pulling the top link pin and then lifting it up. The whole bucket bolts to my 3PH drawbar, just two 3/4" bolts and a pin to take it on or off. Might buy another drawbar and just leave that one attached to the bucket. So far there has been no welding done to the pieces, but if I decide not to widen it then I'll weld the two halves of the bucket together.

/ Almost Free Loader!
wow, I didn't think my work was THAT bad... 184 views and no replies? :(

/ Almost Free Loader!
thanks, I like it too. It's far from a perfect setup, but it was quick, relatively easy, FREE, and still beats the **** outta shovelling as far as I'm concerned :)

/ Almost Free Loader! #5  
don't beat yourself up , looks good and the price is unbeatable , just be carefull not to hit anything hard you could snap one of your 3pt arms. a simple gravity lock with a rope would help getting on and off to dump .

/ Almost Free Loader!
yeah, its mostly just going to be used for moving sand/topsoil. And other than constantly pinching my fingers, I can unpin my top link from the seat. I'll try and do a CAD drawing of what I'm thinking for the dump shortly

/ Almost Free Loader!
okay, got the CAD drawing done, except I can't attach it to this thread. I'll have to do one in microsoft paint tomorrow. Or i'll build it and post pictures. Or both :thumbsup: Anyway, It's 11:15 PM here and I have to be on a school bus at 7 tomorrow morning (one of the many joys of being 16 and living in rural Ontario), but hey, I have my own tractor already. So I guess I cant complain ;):cool:

/ Almost Free Loader! #8  
A Top and tilt, well the top anyway would make it possible to dump wouldn't it?

/ Almost Free Loader! #9  
If your CAD program won't export a JPG, PNG, etc file, then do a screen capture and save it as a JPG, etc and post that. No sense doing the drawing twice.

/ Almost Free Loader!
Okay, I got the CAD drawings figured out.
REL.JPG
Hopefully this gives everyone an idea of what I'm planning on. Would post some pictures but its raining and I don't feel like welding in the rain right now.