Silver Member
    Tractor
    07 Kubota L3400

Default 3 Pt Forklift

Saw this for sale on a Government auction site(govdeals.com). Said it was homemade. I wouldn't had figured that out if they didn't tell me LOL. It looks like it might be a cool idea but I'm not sure about how much it could really lift without lifting front tires off ground. It could also get tippy at full height.http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/a...1&d=1304105455
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -3pt-hitch-forklift-jpg  

Tractor
    John Deere 4020

Default Re: 3 Pt Forklift

Home modified would be better description I think. They took an existing short mast forklift boom and retrofitted it to a three point hitch. I would either want a hefty amount of front weight or a good seat belt because if it tipped at full mast the catapult effect the operator would experience as he / she was ejected horizontally out of the seat would be nasty .
    Grayson Klassen
    Fort St John, BC, Canada

JD4020
    JD148 FEL

Tractor
    New Holland 50-86 / Siromer 204S / Case CK-28 / Cat 302.5 / Nissan L35.09 / Nissan Atleon 110

I'm guessing the weight of the mast and forks alone mean that a sizable tractor would be needed...

3pl mounted forklifts are fairly common in the EU, although most have stabaliser wheels at the bottom to help conteract the leverage effect - definately I would not want to lift anything heavy without...
    Fiat-NH 50-86vi, Siromer 204S; Ebro 44; Case CK28; Cat 302.5; Nissan L35.09

Tractor
    Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.

How do you put pallets on pallet shelves with a 3 pt. forklift? I just don't see any use for such a thing.
    1982 18" Murray push mower (B&S industrial 8 hp engine!) custom deck, new blade - became unbalanced when one side old blade broke off!
    HF moving dolly - high torque! Dogbone multi-wrench too..wait, it split on first use.
    My trash man is the greatest. No matter how bad the economy gets and how bad stocks drop or how bad home values drop, his business is always picking up.

Tractor
    M 9540 Kubota

Hey if it went cheap enough at the auction.... If you didn't have a FEL but a stout 60+ hp tractor you could load and unload pallets on a truck. I've seen 3pt forklift used at orchards. Who ever put on that hitch conversion didn't fool around did he!
    ]We need more people to WORK for a living and less people to VOTE for a living!
    (proven on 11/6/12)