Gold Member
Tractor
07 Kubota L3400

Attachments

• 3pt hitch forklift.JPG
    3pt hitch forklift.JPG
    153.8 KB · Views: 1,327
   / 3 Pt Forklift #2  
Home modified would be better description I think. They took an existing short mast forklift boom and retrofitted it to a three point hitch. I would either want a hefty amount of front weight or a good seat belt because if it tipped at full mast the catapult effect the operator would experience as he / she was ejected horizontally out of the seat would be nasty .

/ 3 Pt Forklift #3  
I'm guessing the weight of the mast and forks alone mean that a sizable tractor would be needed...

3pl mounted forklifts are fairly common in the EU, although most have stabaliser wheels at the bottom to help conteract the leverage effect - definately I would not want to lift anything heavy without...

/ 3 Pt Forklift #4  
How do you put pallets on pallet shelves with a 3 pt. forklift? I just don't see any use for such a thing.

/ 3 Pt Forklift #5  
Hey if it went cheap enough at the auction.... If you didn't have a FEL but a stout 60+ hp tractor you could load and unload pallets on a truck. I've seen 3pt forklift used at orchards. Who ever put on that hitch conversion didn't fool around did he!