Disc Hiller/Cultivator Combo

/ Disc Hiller/Cultivator Combo #21  
Ken, I like that hiller, looks great. I like the fact you are working it out of your reciever hitch too, good fast easy build that works well. That's the new style "fast hitch".

Thanks for the compliment. I have welded up most of my attachments for my Kubota - potato hoe/subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, hillers, trailer hitch/log skidder, rear blade & built a bolt-on bracket to mount an ATV snow plow, raised with a small winch. 001 (2).JPG016 (2).JPG015.JPG004.JPG008.JPGIMG_0834.jpg

/ Disc Hiller/Cultivator Combo #22  
Pictures of my hiller with before and after of my new rows of okra...
1 hiller pieces.JPG2 side view.jpg3 closeup.jpg4 before 2.JPG5 after.JPG

Thanks to everyone on this and the other forums for the great ideas.

Paul

/ Disc Hiller/Cultivator Combo #23  
This took about an hour to put together with discs and shanks from ASC, U-bolts from McMaster Carr, part of a Freightliner frame, and a TSC one row cultivator.

Attachments

• 0630121926a.jpg
    0630121926a.jpg
    839.6 KB · Views: 1,343
   / Disc Hiller/Cultivator Combo #24  
Don,

Your combo attachment is what I first looked at when I was thinking about adding a hiller to my old cultivator.

Paul

/ Disc Hiller/Cultivator Combo #25  
Don,

Your combo attachment is what I first looked at when I was thinking about adding a hiller to my old cultivator.

Paul
It works very well, and was easy to put together. The spacing of the discs turned out perfect for hilling potatoes(the cultivator design does limit the available spacing).

The implement resides at my BIL's place as he plants the potatoes for both of our families(that's why it's seen hooked to the JD790).

/ Disc Hiller/Cultivator Combo #26  
Don,

Thanks again for that pic. My okra is grateful as well.

Paul

/ Disc Hiller/Cultivator Combo #27  
The post by Ginormus on his homebuilt hiller used those same clamps. I think the supplier was Buckeye Supply .

The Buckeye Supply clips ($18.69 apiece, before shipping) have been working well. And those are the same ones recommended by Ginormus.

Paul

Paul

/ Disc Hiller/Cultivator Combo #28  
Here is one that we just started selling. Super nice machine. 4 inch thick wall square tubing main beam and 3 inch thick wall back beam. $595. Ken Sweet

Whet brand is it? the bar on the back has two holes is it for adding weights?

/

/ Disc Hiller/Cultivator Combo #29  
This may sound and is goin be a real blonde question. Why do u "hill"patatoes and how do u hill them

/ Disc Hiller/Cultivator Combo #30  
After the potatoes are so high you straddle the row,and the disks pile dirt on the plants like you do corn. I hope that helps.