Modifying a backhoe subframe

/ Modifying a backhoe subframe #1  

adkalex

Tractor
2012 Kubota M5140DT
Hello, I am wondering how difficult it would be to modify a new holland 757C backhoe subframe that came off a TC35 to fit my new holland 1720? Am I better off buying a new subframe? Does anyone know of the approximate price of a new subframe? There is a 757C backhoe for sale near me, but it was on a TC35. Any advice would be appreciated.

/ Modifying a backhoe subframe #2  
Depending on your skills for fabricating it may not be difficult at all. Do you have a loader on your 1720? If so you can purchase the front support brackets through the NH Dealer. I went in the opposite direction of you when I bought an older backhoe that came off of a 1920 and put it on a TC40. I bought the front and rear brackets from the NH dealer to mount the subframe. Once I got to installing it I found I didn't need the rear brackets as the subframe could mount to my 3pt lower arm pins (that saved me about $250). See attached pic for reference. In any case you may need to do some welding here and there to make it all work. If you're close to the seller bring your tractor there and back on over the subframe and look at how things line up. If that isn't practical then take a lot of measurements and click some pics of the TC35 that you can compare with your 1720. Good luck.

Bud

Attachments

• BHmount.jpg
    BHmount.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 508
Last edited:
   / Modifying a backhoe subframe
Thanks for the info.. I do have a front end loader. I will take some pics and see. Thanks again.