my home built loader so far

/ my home built loader so far #1  

john m

Tractor
cub cadet 149
i think i put a picture on here, if not i`ll keep trying.
everything for this is made from steel i had on hand. all the arms and tower uprights were a big steel table i had. there was a 4' x 6' 1/8 diamond plate steel sheet for the top which i used for the bucket. i got 4 sides out of it and the guy who gave me the table gave me a 1/4 piece for the top of the bucket. the cylinders i got from northern tool along with the pump. the valve came off of a 318 john deere i bought off of ebay. the tiller came with the tractor. i designed the loader so i can run the tiller at the same time. the tiller runs off the front pto like normal but the pump runs off of a stock pulley that the drive shaft links to.

Attachments

• tracotr with cylinders 003.jpg
    tracotr with cylinders 003.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,871
   / my home built loader so far #2  
i think i put a picture on here, if not i`ll keep trying.
everything for this is made from steel i had on hand. all the arms and tower uprights were a big steel table i had. there was a 4' x 6' 1/8 diamond plate steel sheet for the top which i used for the bucket. i got 4 sides out of it and the guy who gave me the table gave me a 1/4 piece for the top of the bucket. the cylinders i got from northern tool along with the pump. the valve came off of a 318 john deere i bought off of ebay. the tiller came with the tractor. i designed the loader so i can run the tiller at the same time. the tiller runs off the front pto like normal but the pump runs off of a stock pulley that the drive shaft links to.

Lot of respect for those who build with what they have on hand. Looks good.

/ my home built loader so far
thanks, whenever i find a nice piece of steel i save it. at first i didn`t want that table the guy was giving me as i thought it would be too heavy and big, but then i thought about my loader dream and said i`ll use it as a table until i get the tractor to put it on.

/ my home built loader so far #4  
Good job. :thumbsup:

Just be sure to watch closely for any possible weak spots the first couple times you use it.

i sure will don87 i have had the bucket on there and had put long 2x4`s where the lift cylinders go. i stood and even jumped on the bucket (i chained the bucket to the front horizontal brace) and it didn`t even flinch. i estimate the bucket weighs about 125 lbs and i`m now about 180. i will start light on the lifting. most stuff i move is only about 2-500 lbs any more than that i use different means.

/ my home built loader so far #7  
awsome I think im going to try tomake one for my jd ... green gets 3000 for that .... probably build it for 1/10 of that.. what you got in it?

/ my home built loader so far #8  
Awesome. I have an old sears lawn tractor that's pretty sturdy built and has a great trans axle in it.

Once I finish my backhoe project I plan to add a front end loader to it.

I'll use the twin cylinder engine I took off the lawn tractor I was making my backhoe on.

The old lawn tractor is in disrepair. The trans axle is shot in it. I was gonna put a front end loader on that one. But have decided to put it on the better tractor.

A front end loader and fork attachment would come in really handy to move old washing machines, refrigerators, water heaters and other light weight junk metal.

I might get started on the loader next summer. Get that old lawn tractor back to work. "Dad bought it from a friend for us for $200.00"

The plastic fuel pump broke on it and we never got it fixed and the engine sat and seized up.

Also could make a grapple and move brush with it. Hey another project. I'm just sitting here and getting ideas. lol

Chad

PS. Let's have a moment of silence. The old lawn tractor that I started my backhoe on, in the picture is about to go to the shredder. :eek: Probably sometime this week.

Bye, Bye little tractor. I'll miss you. "wipes tear from my eye" lol

Attachments

• tn_backhoe-update-2-pic2.JPG
    tn_backhoe-update-2-pic2.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 1,474
  • tn_IMG_0109.JPG
    tn_IMG_0109.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 702
  • tn_IMG_0110.JPG
    tn_IMG_0110.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 501
i got all the steel for free, the valve on ebay-$80, 2 lift cylinders for $79+tax+shipping= about 120 each. the pump from amazon (free from gift cards) and 1 bucket cylinder free from amazon with gift cards. now i need the hoses and fittings and to make the fluid resovoir and all the lines. i still need to mount the bucket cylinder when it gets here,the 19th of june.

chad i saw most of your pics for your back hoe. i like your new idea of making it towable. those little lawn tractors transaxles are pretty weak. i broke mine on my stx-38 john deere by just mounting a rototiller to it. one time it caught on a 4x4 burried in the ground, i was just driving the tiller was off, and it broke the housing. i got another one from a junk yard and it still mows.