Tractor
    cub cadet 149

Default my home built loader so far

i think i put a picture on here, if not i`ll keep trying.
    everything for this is made from steel i had on hand. all the arms and tower uprights were a big steel table i had. there was a 4' x 6' 1/8 diamond plate steel sheet for the top which i used for the bucket. i got 4 sides out of it and the guy who gave me the table gave me a 1/4 piece for the top of the bucket. the cylinders i got from northern tool along with the pump. the valve came off of a 318 john deere i bought off of ebay. the tiller came with the tractor. i designed the loader so i can run the tiller at the same time. the tiller runs off the front pto like normal but the pump runs off of a stock pulley that the drive shaft links to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my home built loader so far-tracotr-cylinders-003.jpg  

Silver Member
    Tractor
    kubota L3000DT

Default Re: my home built loader so far

Quote Originally Posted by john m View Post
    i think i put a picture on here, if not i`ll keep trying.
    everything for this is made from steel i had on hand. all the arms and tower uprights were a big steel table i had. there was a 4' x 6' 1/8 diamond plate steel sheet for the top which i used for the bucket. i got 4 sides out of it and the guy who gave me the table gave me a 1/4 piece for the top of the bucket. the cylinders i got from northern tool along with the pump. the valve came off of a 318 john deere i bought off of ebay. the tiller came with the tractor. i designed the loader so i can run the tiller at the same time. the tiller runs off the front pto like normal but the pump runs off of a stock pulley that the drive shaft links to.
    Lot of respect for those who build with what they have on hand. Looks good.

Tractor
    cub cadet 149

thanks, whenever i find a nice piece of steel i save it. at first i didn`t want that table the guy was giving me as i thought it would be too heavy and big, but then i thought about my loader dream and said i`ll use it as a table until i get the tractor to put it on.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Good job.

Just be sure to watch closely for any possible weak spots the first couple times you use it.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    cub cadet 149

i sure will don87 i have had the bucket on there and had put long 2x4`s where the lift cylinders go. i stood and even jumped on the bucket (i chained the bucket to the front horizontal brace) and it didn`t even flinch. i estimate the bucket weighs about 125 lbs and i`m now about 180. i will start light on the lifting. most stuff i move is only about 2-500 lbs any more than that i use different means.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040SUD

Nice rig!

Tractor
    john deere 318

awsome I think im going to try tomake one for my jd ... green gets 3000 for that .... probably build it for 1/10 of that.. what you got in it?

Tractor
    Sears Garden Tractor with home built loader

Awesome. I have an old sears lawn tractor that's pretty sturdy built and has a great trans axle in it.

Once I finish my backhoe project I plan to add a front end loader to it.

I'll use the twin cylinder engine I took off the lawn tractor I was making my backhoe on.

The old lawn tractor is in disrepair. The trans axle is shot in it. I was gonna put a front end loader on that one. But have decided to put it on the better tractor.

A front end loader and fork attachment would come in really handy to move old washing machines, refrigerators, water heaters and other light weight junk metal.

I might get started on the loader next summer. Get that old lawn tractor back to work. "Dad bought it from a friend for us for $200.00"

The plastic fuel pump broke on it and we never got it fixed and the engine sat and seized up.

Also could make a grapple and move brush with it. Hey another project. I'm just sitting here and getting ideas. lol

Chad

PS. Let's have a moment of silence. The old lawn tractor that I started my backhoe on, in the picture is about to go to the shredder. Probably sometime this week.

Bye, Bye little tractor. I'll miss you. "wipes tear from my eye" lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my home built loader so far-tn_backhoe-update-2-pic2.jpg   my home built loader so far-tn_img_0109.jpg   my home built loader so far-tn_img_0110.jpg  

Tractor
    cub cadet 149

i got all the steel for free, the valve on ebay-$80, 2 lift cylinders for $79+tax+shipping= about 120 each. the pump from amazon (free from gift cards) and 1 bucket cylinder free from amazon with gift cards. now i need the hoses and fittings and to make the fluid resovoir and all the lines. i still need to mount the bucket cylinder when it gets here,the 19th of june.

chad i saw most of your pics for your back hoe. i like your new idea of making it towable. those little lawn tractors transaxles are pretty weak. i broke mine on my stx-38 john deere by just mounting a rototiller to it. one time it caught on a 4x4 burried in the ground, i was just driving the tiller was off, and it broke the housing. i got another one from a junk yard and it still mows.