Who can sharpen my multi-cutter blade?

/ Who can sharpen my multi-cutter blade? #1  

northcreek2624

Gold Member
Tractor
KIOTI DK40(2002)) Jacobsen 628D AWD Turfcat
Can anyone recommend a place that I might send the 14" blade from my DeWalt cut-off saw?
It has titanium carbide tips and spins at 1800 rpm max.
I haven't tried anyone locally because I feel it may require special skill and/or equipment and don't want someone practicing on my $130 blade if you know what I mean.
I do have the specs for sharpening it though.......Thanks,Mike

/ Who can sharpen my multi-cutter blade? #2  
Any good saw shop should be able to sharpen that 14" blade with no problems. The shops in my area charge for sharpening by the tooth. The more teeth on the blade the more expensive it will be to sharpen. I have had $200 blades sharpened with no ill effects, but keep in mind every saw blade has a limited life. A blade can only be sharpened so many times before new carbide or teeth need to be replaced. You might need to replace the whole blade if it becomes too expensive. Call around and check prices but even more important than price, check on their service and talk to some wood workers or cabinet shops about the sharpening service.

/ Who can sharpen my multi-cutter blade? #3  
<font color="blue">don't want someone practicing on my $130 blade if you know what I mean.</font>

I know what you mean. Forrest Mfg. Co. advertises in all the woodworking magazines. Not only do they make an excellent blade, but they sharpen any make of blade. Turnaround is fast. I have had both their brand and another brand sharpened by them. They do a very good job.

Perhaps many local shops could sharpen your blade, but quality could vary considerably. Dozernut's advice to shop arround is good. Forrest sharpens dozens of blades a day and has a reputation to protect. I don't remember the cost, but as I recall it was reasonable.

The "other brand" I sent them had an encounter with a nail (before sharpening). Forrest replaced a couple broken teeth and saved the blade. I, too, have been hesitant to try local sharpeners. Forrest has been my only experience.

Forrest Mfg. Co.
461 River Road
Clifton, NJ 07014

1-800-733-7111

OkieG

/ Who can sharpen my multi-cutter blade?
Thanks Dozer&Oakie for your help,I will inquire locally and with Forrest and compare although the later sounds like where I want to go.........thanks again,Mike