Who has the best pole barns Menards Home Depot Lowes Carter in Ohio

/ Who has the best pole barns Menards Home Depot Lowes Carter in Ohio #1  
J

jstan

Should i go with a smaller company locally or with a big box store for a pole building. Looking at a 40x60 for hay storage. Who has the best prices. Ohio

/ Who has the best pole barns Menards Home Depot Lowes Carter in Ohio #2  
Given the same type of steel finishing, poles, etc, it all comes down to the skill and care of the builders. If Menards/HD/Lowes, etc has a great crew, they will be a tremendous value. If they have a fly by night crew, you could have all kinds of problems in 10 years.

I would suggest lots of local input.

/ Who has the best pole barns Menards Home Depot Lowes Carter in Ohio #3  
I say go with reputation over price. My current shop was built by the lowest bidder. If I had it to do again I would have paid a bit more for less headaches.

Now I knew I was getting a cheap built building, It has structurally withstood weather we have never seen around here before,,, 100 mph wind storm, several hail storms and has so far been unscathed. I got what I paid for no doubt but when I went to put a ceiling in is is going to cost me as much to strip the ceiling to give me something to attach the sheeting too. The addition of one truss and proper spacing would have prevented that.

REPUTATION is the most important thing in hiring a builder.

That said I used Carter lumber when I built my 24x40 myself. They were awsome and even dropped me an extra bundle of treated 2x4's and extra vinyal when I called and told them they told me keep em...

/ Who has the best pole barns Menards Home Depot Lowes Carter in Ohio #5  
J & M Construction
8545 Frease Rd
Fredericksburg, OH 44627
330-231-0125

Amish contractor.

They do very nice work, for fair prices.

/ Who has the best pole barns Menards Home Depot Lowes Carter in Ohio #6  
Worch lumber, my dad has had a few barns built with them. They are much cheeper than the big box stores and do quality work. They are out of Versailles and I know they go as far as Marysville. A truck load of Amish come out and build the barn.

/ Who has the best pole barns Menards Home Depot Lowes Carter in Ohio #7  
Are you talking about a package that you put up? Or a fully constructed building? I am assuming that you are talking package price just because of who you are asking about.

Without knowing what part of Ohio you are in it's hard to say. When I priced out my shop addition last year I wasn't happy with a lot of the details that Menards was using. Maybe it's just my local stores, but I haven't found any compatent people to work with at any big box store. Unless I do a full material takeoff I don't even waste my time talking to them anymore. I wouldn't trust any of them to erect either.

If your in the north central portion, look at Country Metals in Shilo.

/ Who has the best pole barns Menards Home Depot Lowes Carter in Ohio #8  
Should i go with a smaller company locally or with a big box store for a pole building. Looking at a 40x60 for hay storage. Who has the best prices. Ohio

Are you looking for a package price and you are going to DIY, or are you looking for someone to build it for you from start to finish?

If you are just looking for a package deal, there isnt much difference is them. Allthough pay attention to door types (roll-up vs Slider) and post sizes.

IF you are wanting someone to build it for you start to finish, it is hard to beat the amish, at least in my area of ohio:thumbsup:

/ Who has the best pole barns Menards Home Depot Lowes Carter in Ohio #9  
I would call National Barn. They had my 30x50 up and finished in 2 days and did a wonderful job and used quality materials. I've been in ALOT of pole buildings and so far no one can hold a candle to National.

/ Who has the best pole barns Menards Home Depot Lowes Carter in Ohio #10  
I have a Menards pole barn. Built about 7 years ago. Has eves, wainscotting, sky lights, windows, roll up door, sliding end door and 2 walk in doors. No complaints. Most pole barn are very similar in steel. Some differences in use of laminated posts ect but most can be priced with nearly the same design materials. Menards will design the pole barn based on your local codes and requirements. You can upgrade to screws, rafter spacing, windows, skylight ect on their store computer. I required certified snow and wind loads for my location. Menards can get those for you if required. I had it delivered to my place.

I would opt for laminated beams, all screw attachment, best paint available as standard features regardless of who you use.
The crew who puts up you pole barn is as important as who you buy it from. A bad crew can make a miserable experience and make anyone's pole barn look poor.