Log Arch No winch required...

/ Log Arch No winch required... #1  

Scotty370

Platinum Member
Tractor
318 John Deere, 4200 John Deere, 1947 John Deere "M"
Sorry to bother you guys, but I swear I saw a 'homebuilt' that was slick in that you backed it over the logs, and chained it up to a sliding ring, that would ride up a round tube and elevate the 'butt end' on your forward progress. I can't find it! The contributor even gave a link to YouTube and I can't find it over there! Any help? TIA ~Scotty

/ Log Arch No winch required... #2  

Attachments

• 2011-06-03_20-10-49_417.jpg
    2011-06-03_20-10-49_417.jpg
    481.5 KB · Views: 1,789
   / Log Arch No winch required...
No, That's not it Jamie! But I like you 'stuff' and will surf your site with interest. The one I was thinking of was a trailer arch, that had a round tube that ran front to back (at hitch level in the front, and 2' high at the arch attachment, on an incline, with a ring and hook assembly. so you would back up, with the log 'butt' almost to the trailer hitch, chain the log to the sliding ring. As you pulled forward, the ring would slide up the inclined inclined pipe, lifting the 'butt', at which point, the ring would hit a stop, and off you go towing with a tractor or ATV. The guy posted a YouTube, but I can't find it! I get on here, and start surfing, find something neat, fail to 'bookmark', and come crawling back for help.....:ashamed: ~Scotty

Eric- Thanks! That's not the one I saw, but exactly the same concept........Thanks again! ~Scotty

/ Log Arch No winch required... #6  
Here it is! Found it, But thanks to all that helped! ~Scotty
Guess what I don't understand is why they don't you post a website for purchase, and let me 'steal' their design? I see a link to Hud-Son, but can't find that product! Their loss I guess...........~ Scotty

YouTube - ‪J.W. Logging Products - ATV Skidder‬‏

Last edited:
   / Log Arch No winch required... #8  
I built one like the Norwood arch several years ago. What are you looking for Scotty. Mine is a little more heavy duty since it was constructed from 2" square tubing with 1/4" wall and has 3500# spindles with regular 14" rims and tires. Works very well and is very safe going down hill with a large log attached. Very easy build if you are able to weld. Doesn't get used much since I bought my Norse 450 winch.

/ Log Arch No winch required... #9  
Try Bailey.com
Click on Bailey's Logging Supply
Click Vehicle Accessories
Click ATV Accessories view all
2nd row down Log Arch
Give this a try :thumbsup:

/ Log Arch No winch required... #10  
Forgot to add that I know that this is not a homemade, bbbuuuttt, it will give you a pretty good idea of what I think you are looking for. Just have to build your own iffn you feel up to it.:thumbsup: