New workbench

/ New workbench #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
Well, I didn't build these but I did have a carpenter friend do it for me since work was a little slow for him. Bench is 24 ft long and I never got around to building it when barn was put up 9 years ago. It's basically his design of my ideas. Bench was made a certain way so I can add cabinet doors later plus it only has the front legs that hit the ground so I can clean under it. Floor is solvent based epoxy floor coating (paint).
Paint was whatever I had in the basement and it's happens to be acrylic enamel Ford Red, leftover from the days when I had my 8N. After 15 years of sitting, the paint barely needed to be stirred. I sanded the plywood surfaces before I painted.
Maybe this idea will help someone else. And, I'll add, this is the cleanest it will ever be.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 980
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 616
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 571
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 514
   / New workbench #2  
Holey large garage batman! How big is your garage? The bench looks nice, it will be cluttered in no time...lol. Did the paint dry ok or did you have to thin it with something?

/ New workbench
Holey large garage batman! How big is your garage? The bench looks nice, it will be cluttered in no time...lol. Did the paint dry ok or did you have to thin it with something?

It's a 42 x 60 barn/shop. Yes, should have thinned paint but didn't and yes, bench will be cluttered. Took 1 1/2 qt of paint.
Cost almost as much to build this size rather than smaller since lumber was used so I figured what the heck.

/ New workbench #4  
Looks great! will be a nice addtion to the shop! :) Only comment I have is if your going to use it as a working bench I'd put more el. outlets along the lenth of it!

The man did you right!:thumbsup:

/ New workbench #6  
Nice looking bench. Wise to plan ahead for drawers.

/ New workbench #7  
Nice looking bench. Wise to plan ahead for drawers.

Here is the frame for my work bench. It is 20ft. long and will have drawers and shelves with doors It will also have 8x4 peg boards.040.JPG041.JPG

Pic. #1 is the left end and the other one is the right end.

/ New workbench
That is a sweet looking workbench. Bolt on a rugged vise or two and what more could you want?

/ New workbench #9  
I'm in the process of expanding my workshop. I should post a thread on that :)

Never really had a workbench, just some scrap on some sawhorses. I will build 4 benches of different sizes. Today I put together the first, 72x24x42, with 4x4 legs, rest 2x4s. Top will be melamine mdf, plywood shelf. Will post a pic tomorrow.

Next bench is same style 90x24x32. Have it cut and ready to assemble.

Third will be 48x16x32 likely on casters and home to my battery tools and chargers.

Fourth isn't set yet, probably 96x24x32.

None of this is fancy or cabinet grade. Lumber is normal construction grade. Just looking for function and durability. These will all be located in an area approx 10'x24', 3 different walls.

Have fun, I am :)

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet