Extendable Lower Links for 3Pt

/ Extendable Lower Links for 3Pt #1  

dieselscout80

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45DA
Some tractors have 3pt arms (lower links) that are extendable does anyone know how to make them or where to buy them for a tractor that doesn't have them? I would like them for my IHC 424 (cat I). The picture is of the Kubota L40 series 3pt lower links.

Attachments

• Extendable lower 3pt links.png
    Extendable lower 3pt links.png
    133.2 KB · Views: 4,115
   / Extendable Lower Links for 3Pt #2  
I've never seen them as an add on item. You might be able to find a tractor that has them with similar dimensions as yours and buy them new (the whole lower arm) that might be a bit pricey.

/ Extendable Lower Links for 3Pt #3  
They are certainly handy as they came on my DK as standard equipment. However if you get a quick attach system you wont need em... Would likely be much less expensive.

/ Extendable Lower Links for 3Pt #4  
I got mine to assist with attaching and detaching my PHD on my Yanmar. They arent cheap new, i got them almost new from TractorErnie and they are well worth the money. :thumbsup:

/ Extendable Lower Links for 3Pt #5  
I've never seen them as an add on item. You might be able to find a tractor that has them with similar dimensions as yours and buy them new (the whole lower arm) that might be a bit pricey.

This is what I did. The Kioti DK arms were very close in dimensions to my McCormick so I bought a set from a DK45, modified them by cutting and welding the end at the appropriate angle, and mounted them. Before that I was using a Pat's easy change on my links but I prefer the extendable links by far, so did my wife who uses the machine as much as me.

/ Extendable Lower Links for 3Pt #7  
I built some a few years ago for my 790. They were out of solid 1 1/4x1 1/4 square steel sleaved inside of 1 1/2x1 1/2 square tube. The locking device was my own design and worked well. The turn buckles I used for the sway links didn't hold up, I ended up swaping them out for 2 - 1/4" ratcheting chain binders which work awsome. Here are a few pictures, It has been a while but I will answer any questions you may have. I was looking into buying some but they were super expensive (I thought). We did have the pats but we run a farm and the pats didn't work for us. We change too many implements and the pats changes the driveshaft lengths ect, way too much hassle.

/ Extendable Lower Links for 3Pt #8  

I can buy Kubota extendable arms for my L4400, they are around $300. So as said, just find a tractor with similar dimensions.

/ Extendable Lower Links for 3Pt
I can buy Kubota extendable arms for my L4400, they are around $300. So as said, just find a tractor with similar dimensions.

Yes they can be bought, but that $300 is for one side only, so it would be $600which is a bunch.

I thought that some one on here built a set very much like the Kubota arms.

The moveable Cat I ends can be bought for around $118 for a CaseIH Dx40, so that may be a cheaper way to get started building them.

/ Extendable Lower Links for 3Pt #10  
I see used sets of extendable lift arms on ebay occasionally. Sometimes they are for Cat 2 but you can buy Cat 2 to Cat 1 reducer bushings very inexpensively at about any farm supply store. You might also want to check one of the online tractor salvage dealers. I personally like West KY Tractor Parts, they're great to deal with.