Front end weights

/ Front end weights #1  

smoker

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B9200
I have a B9200. I would like to build some front end weights. I need just a little weight up front to counter balance when I'm skidding logs. Have any of you folks done this? Thanks, smoker

/ Front end weights #2  
I use front end weights. I made some from some cutouts at work, they are 3/4" thick and weigh about 25# each and have 8. I only put them on when I need to hold the front down then take them off because I dont want the weight while I am mowing (I have a MMM) Used to have front wheels loaded with calcium but never liked the weight in the summer. we had a job the required us to cut a window in the steel that was about 10"x14" and I grabbed 8 to make the front weights. I cut out the corner and milled a slot to fit over the bumper on my B7510 and they work great! :thumbsup: I would never go back to loaded tires!

/ Front end weights
600rider, sure would like to see a photo of what you did. I read something about using lead that interested me as I used to cast many lead bullets. smoker

/ Front end weights #4  
Here are some pics of my weights and a bracket I made.
The first pics are of the bracket. It just slides over the bumper and then I put the weights on it. No bolts or fasteners of any kind. Simple!!

Attachments

• 0629111613.jpg
    0629111613.jpg
    597.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 0629111614.jpg
    0629111614.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 207
   / Front end weights #5  
Here are the weights cut from a sheet of 3/4" thick plate. These were actualy scrap cut-outs and were being thrown away and I grabbed 10 of them. I have a friend that ran the machine right next to me (horizontal mill) cut the notches for me. They just slide over the bracket that slides onto the bumper. Again no fasteners just gravity to hold them on. I have had them 6 or 7 years nad never had a problem with them falling off. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 0629111614a.jpg
    0629111614a.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 195
  • 0629111615.jpg
    0629111615.jpg
    419.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 0629111615a.jpg
    0629111615a.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 156
   / Front end weights
Thats really good, outstanding!!! I looked up a picture of your tractor and the front frames appear to be indenticle. Thank you very much for the pictures and giving me a super starting point. smoker

/ Front end weights
Much to my embarrasment as I was loking at the tractor frame to get some dimensions I find that with the loader full dow there isn't enough room between the loader frame and the tractor frame to throw a barn cat through.....very close.....like less than 6". Thought your idea was going to solve the problem. The loader is a Kubota BF350 and the tractor is the B9200, there must be something they do to get front end weights to work??????

/ Front end weights #8  
Sorry I can't help anymore as I don't have a FEL (thinking that might be the next big build for me! :D) I am thinking they might add weight by way of front wheel weights or liquid in the tires. I guess if ya have the
FEL on you could just fill the bucket!!!! :laughing: :laughing: that should add enough weight to hold the front down!

/ Front end weights
Weight in the bucket works great......except, before I snag my tree I have to push the brush and tops out of the way which needs an empty bucket. If I did use a stump or chunks for weight I woulod have to continually unload and reload...Gettin kinda old for that drill....know what I mean? I'll contact my dealer in the morning...let you know what he suggests. smoker