Where to find PTO gearbox.

/ Where to find PTO gearbox. #1  

Pete Judd

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar 186d, JD 314
Just started a project, and need a right angle pto driven gearbox like those on a brush hog. Standard male spline on the input to a keyed shaft on the output, not even sure what to call this gearbox to google it.

/ Where to find PTO gearbox. #3  
Just started a project, and need a right angle pto driven gearbox like those on a brush hog. Standard male spline on the input to a keyed shaft on the output, not even sure what to call this gearbox to google it.

ROTARY MOWER PARTS - Agri Supply

Try this link or google rotary cutter gearbox, snow blower gearbox, post hole digger gearbox and similar

/ Where to find PTO gearbox. #4  
ditto surplus centr. probably one of the better priced places around. stock changes rapidly so if you find something you like.. get it.

soundguy

/ Where to find PTO gearbox.
Surplus center did not have any with the 1 3/8 6 spline input shaft, The AG supply one for 119 bucks, is what i am considering right now, but just got a line on a local used stuff place that might have something that will work.

/ Where to find PTO gearbox. #6  
A lot of farm machinery use them including manure spreaders, choppers, etc, etc. The trouble is, with the price of junk, they're getting scarce. I bought a nice reversible one about 3 yrs ago for $15.

/ Where to find PTO gearbox. #7  
Surplus center did not have any with the 1 3/8 6 spline input shaft, The AG supply one for 119 bucks, is what i am considering right now, but just got a line on a local used stuff place that might have something that will work.

if they had round input shafts you can get round to splined adapters..

soundguy

/ Where to find PTO gearbox. #9  
you will want to watch the HP rating of the box,
and I am going to suggest that if you think the machine will use 15 hp put a 30hp rated unit on it at least,

I one time figured out what I needed on a machine one time, and put on the 30hp rated box as that was all the tractor that originally ran the unit was,(from factory) figured it would be OK, I used a larger tractor on the unit and burnt up the gear box and the U joints, in a hurry,

/ Where to find PTO gearbox.
Ordered the agi supply gearbox, will be here in a week or two, will update, after the next welding spree.