Log splitter valve for a 3 point splitter

/ Log splitter valve for a 3 point splitter #1  

Rio_Grande

Platinum Member
I have an international 574 it has a hydraulic valve that u can use from the seat and it locks on and off with no bypass. So if you bump it on it will kill the engine. That valve runs the aux hydraulics. Is there any reason I couldnt put an open center valve on my 3 point splitter to run off of that fluid power? Seems it would be the same as any other engine run log splitter as far as type of fluid power?

/ Log splitter valve for a 3 point splitter #2  
In the off position, what is the fluid path?

If it is a supply, you should be able to divert the fluid to the log splitter valve.

All valves should be in series.

Does it have an IN and OUT port, and maybe PB, and two work ports.

Some pictures would be great.

/ Log splitter valve for a 3 point splitter
THis is just my auxilulary power to the rear JJ, Only thing I have used it for was raising and lowering a disk. I know it is on or off there is no in between. I was thinking if I switched it on to a open center valve on the splitter then it would work just like a regular splitter?

I am not sure what I would take pix of, you cant see the valve but the ports are just attached to the rear of the tractor.

Looked at it a bit closer today and it appears it will lock in either diretion. No I am in doubt this will work.

Thanks JJ My lined out from the tractor are 3/4 and the lines into the splitter are as well. I will look for the same thing in a 3/4 work port or is that wrong?

/ Log splitter valve for a 3 point splitter #7  
Yes you can use an open center valve on the splitter and simply lock the tractor valve in the "on" position. The valve that JJ posted will work perfectly. This is how my 3pt splitter works except I must use a bungee cord to hold the remote lever in the "on" position. I have 40hp New Holland and I like the 3pt splitter. The tractor runs just above idle, is quiet, sips fuel, and only 1 engine to maintain. The only thing I miss about having a seperate splitter is that I cannot put the split wood directly into the front bucket. Its a minor inconvienence.

Only place I could find the 3/4 work ports was Northern tool so 110.00 later it is in the mail. Just gotta wait now.

/ Log splitter valve for a 3 point splitter #9  
You can have an open center valve on the splitter for the same and there after lock the tractor in on position, i expect it to work perfectly, tell me if you still go through any problem again.

Finally back to this splitter works well but aparently the valve that locks on, on the tractor has a pressure kickout. So when the ram retracts and hits the detent it kicks the tractor valve before the splitter valve. I think I can fix this by backing down the pressure on the splitter detent below the pressure of the kickout? Does this sound reasonable??