3ph pallet forks

/ 3ph pallet forks #1  

voodoo

Silver Member
Tractor
Iseki TE 4270
Thought this might be of interest to someone.
Picked up a set of forklift toes at the right price from local auction yard. They had 3 sets of varying sizes lying around for several months. Kept an eye on them and were not shifting. Made auction house a private sale offer. I took the smallest to keep weight down.
Frame is home made design. Wanted to keep ability to have horizontal slide adjustment, just like "proper" forklift. Also seemed to be best compromise between weight and strength.

These photographs were taken last week. Have since fully welded, cleaned and primed. Hope to have final coat on this weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 241396-IMG_0220 (Medium).jpg
    241396-IMG_0220 (Medium).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 999
   / 3ph pallet forks
Photo 2

Attachments

• 241397-IMG_0219 (Medium).jpg
    241397-IMG_0219 (Medium).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 830
   / 3ph pallet forks
Photo 3
Front end weights to keep proper balance. Sourced from local 2nd hand tractor dealer. "FORD" branded on the side but they fit "ISEKI" just the same. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Pallet forks make a useful place to store them when not fitted out front. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NB: They are getting a facelift too before fitting.

Attachments

• 241401-IMG_0217 (Medium).jpg
    241401-IMG_0217 (Medium).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 693
   / 3ph pallet forks #4  
Hey Mosey Would this work - Put a skid steer plate just above the lower 3 point hitch pins and have a set of forks for the loader on the front too (if you got a loader of course) ??

Using Photo 2

Attachments

• 241404-future1-65.JPG
    241404-future1-65.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 658
   / 3ph pallet forks #5  
They look great. Now you will be itching to add the top and tilt system to your 3 pt for positioning and control of the load.

/ 3ph pallet forks #6  
Voodoo, nice project you have completed there. Please fill us in on the fabrication process and what welding equipment you used.

/ 3ph pallet forks #7  
Nigel, Nice Job /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I looked around for a set of used forks for quite a while without any success. I bit the bullet and decided to make my own (non adjustable). Click on the link http://community.webshots.com/user/dannywilliams to see some of my projects, including a homemade FEL as well as the addition of TNT.

Again, I really like your forks and will still keep my eyes peeled for a set of small used forks.

Danny Williams

/ 3ph pallet forks
Thanks Spencer,

All steel is welded with 180amp 240v stick welder with 3mm 6103 mild steel rods (can't get CFO to authorise MIG). Then again, I keep getting conflicting reports that stick is better for heavy gauge material /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This is the first time I have purchased "new" steel for any implement. There is an overwelming satisfaction from retrieving old steel from local scrap yard. Unfortunately, this time I needed specific sizes to create hanger, so bought from local stockholder. Steel ended up more expensive than the forks /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I previously built a land leveller from scrap angle iron for about £10 ($15). Retail price on similar item £350 ($500)

Spent an evening drawing up design on CAD package to ensure correct sizes, then went to stockholder. The nice thing is drawing meant I could get steel cut to exact sizes. You should see an industrial wet bandsaw cut through 1/2" stock. Like cutting butter. Took it home, shaped joints and started welding. As others have said in various posts, the secret of welding is practice, practice.... I have never had any training, just watched others at work as a youth.
Secret I have learned however, is that wherever possible, tack weld everthing first to ensure it fits together /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ 3ph pallet forks
Thanks for the vote of confidence Danny.

I saw yours posted a few days ago and was full of admiration. Wish I had the skill and equipment to fab a front end loader. Main item on my "need to have" wish list /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My only concern now is how much weight I can seriously lift with them. My Iseki is a TE 4270 (US - TL 2500F). I have no manual so cannot ascertain lifting capacity. Anyone out there have any idea of 3pt lift loading for this tractor?
I have been concerned from the outset of the compromise between weight and strength, hence the addition of the front end weights.
Still, anything is better than nothing - right?
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif