Pole barn pics

/ Pole barn pics #1  

bearcreek paul

Gold Member
Tractor
mitsubishi mt16fd
Here are a few pics of upgrades I have done this year.1st is a floor with pavers,Next is the misses favorite no more house wrap!Just finished that up 1 hr ago.

Attachments

• image-2228757525.png
    image-2228757525.png
    905.3 KB · Views: 690
  • image-2651397656.png
    image-2651397656.png
    850.5 KB · Views: 689
  • image-2158471886.png
    image-2158471886.png
    899.4 KB · Views: 499
   / Pole barn pics #2  
Looks real nice. Pavers look nice, don't see that too often. Are they on sand or concrete, surface looks smooth, can't tell. How long have you been working on the building? Looking to start a 24x37.5 pole barn this fall.

/ Pole barn pics
6 In of compacted gravel chips 1 in of sand the wife wanted the pavers.I wanted concrete married I lost.I started on it 9 11 10 got the house wrap on and finished the roof on 10 30 10 all after work for 5 or 6 hrs a day.All in all total time by myself to get where I am at I would say 3 months that is with the siding I finished today.If I were younger I would say 2 mo total.

/ Pole barn pics #5  
Bearcreek paul,

Looks great!

You guys did a nice job keeping it level and smooth. great work!

Brewdog

/ Pole barn pics #6  
I was considering pavers myself. Looks good. Let us know how the pavers work out for you. One nice thing with pavers you never need to worry about cracks in the concrete.

/ Pole barn pics #7  
Here are a few pics of upgrades I have done this year.1st is a floor with pavers,Next is the misses favorite no more house wrap!Just finished that up 1 hr ago.

Is the floor pitched to the back? :confused:

/ Pole barn pics
Yes it is pitched to the back for water runoff.
So far the pavers have held up.The only thing that is parked in there is my tractor and my wifes car.
I will be putting an addition on the side for the tractor this fall.

/ Pole barn pics #9  
I like the looks of the pavers, a lot of older houses around here have chimney bricks for the floor. There use to be a some large brick companys and the bricks were cheap.

/ Pole barn pics #10  
For anyone thinking of pavers, get the good ones if you intend to put weight on them. I've put in several paver surfaces. When I used Unilock pavers, they were indestructible. When I used the on sale ones from a big box store, I got cracking and edge chipping.

Don't use brick. If you have a location that stays moist, brick will deteriorate. Most are made for building locations where they will drain and dry off after they get wet. A brick floor should be laid over concrete with a moisture barrier.