Finished my man lift platform.

/ Finished my man lift platform.
Great catch. Thanks for the compliment. You've given me a good idea - to make adjustable roller risers that would clamp on to each seat. I'll be doing a feasibility study on it for a month or two once my government grant / stimulis money shows up. Keep your fingers crossed.

/ Finished my man lift platform. #62  
I've found a new use for my re-purposed Man Lift. The misses wanted a new door trimmed today so I used my portable workstation to haul everything to the house. The saw stayed on the platform and made the whole job really easy. I used my portable air tank to run my finish nailer. One charge of 120 psi air did the trick.

Outstanding,
So you didn't just convert a shipping frame for a grapple into a manlift platform you created a whole knew spieces of equipment

"manliftplatform/portableworkstation/ I want to please the misses without breaking a sweat platform"

Pure genius
Thanks for the pics

Bdavis,

Thanks! This was a fun thread and project. I've used this thing a dozen times since I made it. I've got a few additional ideas that I'm working on to give it even more versatility.

/ Finished my man lift platform. #64  
Hi, we are looking at building at man lift for our tractor, a lot like the one you built. If you don't mind me asking what cost do you have in it. Trying to find one on the internet is like looking for a needle in a hay stack.
Thanks,
Beth

Hi, we are looking at building at man lift for our tractor, a lot like the one you built. If you don't mind me asking what cost do you have in it. Trying to find one on the internet is like looking for a needle in a hay stack.
Thanks,
Beth

Beth,

This frame (the angle iron) was the shipping container for my grapple so I repurposed it. My total investment was about 75 dollars + some of my time. Most everything I used were things I utilized from around my garage. I bought the square tubing from a local steel shop for the fork pockets at a cost of around 30 bucks. They formed some heavy sheet metal and I welded support for the bottom of the fork pockets. The blue spray paint was 20 dollars (New Holland dealer). The gray was paint I had in the garage. The conduit was left over from a wiring project and some clothes racks I made. I had another 25 bucks in the hardware (chain and bolts) and welding supplies for my MIG welder. I have a tubing bender in the garage, so bending the conduit was pretty easy. The wood planks I used for the floor were some 2x6's I had around the garage. Its been a real safety device for me. A person can tie off to the railings when working in an elevated position like cleaning gutters or tree pruning.

Good luck in your build.
Brewdog

/ Finished my man lift platform. #67  
Beth a person can make those. You don't see them available on the internet or anywhere because a company would be required to have a safety feature preventing it from dropping. Which you can't do on a tractor Loader without a lot of plumbing changes. After which the Loader wouldn't work very well..... Actally there may be a reasonable way to do it.

Brewdog doesn't have that but he has accepted the risk, as a person can do. If a branch, for example fell onto the Loader hydraulic controls, the platform would drop (and dump the humans!). Brewdog must pay attention and I suspect he knows his risks.

I'm afraid the only way to get one is to build it yourself.

/ Finished my man lift platform. #68  
Here is my idea of one, i posted it before.
I can use the bottom deck, or if I need more height, attach the upper deck

Bottom deck is two by six
Upper deck is three quarter inch plywood. Both have angle or flat stock underneath for stringers.
The bottom one started out as a Woodmaxx Chipper pallet.

Attachments

• P2120055.jpg
    P2120055.jpg
    748.6 KB · Views: 236
  • P2120056.jpg
    P2120056.jpg
    606.5 KB · Views: 200
   / Finished my man lift platform. #69  
That is a nice lift... I thought about building one something like that, but I get along just fine with an apple box,

standard.jpg

And it was FREE...

You can see in the pict., that the grapple "locks" the box into position, so it's impossible for it to slide off the forks...

SR

/ Finished my man lift platform. #70  
Wow... I thought I was being clever when I fabbed-up a 2x4 support for my FEL. REALLY helped with cleaning out the gutters on the house. Hard to do as a one-man show, but I used this from my son's playset to get up and down and work the levers. Probably not OSHA approved now that I think about it...

rope ladder.jpg