Surplus Center Catalog

/ Surplus Center Catalog #1  

pennwalk

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar 186D
The latest edition of the Surplus Center Catalog (800-488-3407) came today. YAHOO! It's kind of like the do it yourselfers wish book. I see they have a web site now. Surplus Center. Great bathroom reading.

Chris

/ Surplus Center Catalog #2  
The Catalog is much better than the web site so order it.

mikell

/ Surplus Center Catalog #3  
Yea, the catalog is great, but, the prices don't seem much like "surplus" to me.

/ Surplus Center Catalog #4  
I want to build my kids a cart for them to ride down hills like my grandfather made me when I was a kid. We went to the dump together and found baby cariage wheels (the ones with the spokes) and got all the axles and stuff from the junkyard. It was the fastest in the neighborhood. The same wheels cost $15.99 on this website.

Anybody know of a better( cheaper) source?

Redman

/ Surplus Center Catalog #5  
Surplus Center prices still are not cheap,
but they are almost always better than Northern
Hydraulics/Tool/whatever they call themselves
these days. While I've yet to place an order
with Surplus Center they would have to work
hard to be as disappointing a vendor as NH.

I'm still looking for a true surplus-price
source for hydraulic sundry items. Anyone
care to share any such findings?

/ Surplus Center Catalog #6  
I was the one who originally(I think) posted the Surplus Center as a good source for hydraulic stuff. I have been buying hydraulic stuff from them for at least 6 years. You can't beat their price on pre-made hose, they have very good deals on various control valves, pumps, and motors. They also have a wide variety of cylinders that can be very cheap if they fit your needs. They are also very good with technical support as well, try getting that from Northern or other places. Also they have stuff that's not listed in the catalog or the web site. I have called on numerous occasions looking for something that wasn't in the catalog but they did have it in their "system". Yeah your not going to get a 4" bore 30" stroke double acting cylinder for $50 bucks, but you'll get a better than fair price. Good luck finding some place cheaper.

/ Surplus Center Catalog #7  
FYI - This might be of some use to anyone looking to cobble up some hydraulic accessory

You might compare Surplus Center and the like to the prices listed on the "closeouts" link at Prince (via the "Prince Direct Factory Outlet Store" )

Prince Outlet Store

I stumbled across that page and it looked like the closeout prices were pretty decent - example - a Prince 2 1/2" x 24", 1 3/8" rod, 2500 psi double acting welded cyl - $141.95 at Surplus Center - $92.25 direct from Prince - both including a 3-yr factory warranty. (seems to be the same model #)

Looks like a far smaller selection at the Prince Outlet closeout page - but you might get lucky with the size you need. Never dealt with either firm but does seems worth investigating.

Tim

/ Surplus Center Catalog #8  
I have dealt with Prince Direct and they are very good. Prices, if they have what you need, are excellent. Tough to compare unless you have identical items, but it seems they are much cheaper than Surplus Center. Prince Direct is run by a couple very knowledgable guys, and they gave me lots of good advice on my project. Last time I talked to them, they were just about to offer a top link cylinder kit. And they knew what was coming in in the future, as far as product for them to sell, so if you have a project and can wait a few weeks for parts, call them up and discuss it. They can be watching for what you need. The product is all new Prince stuff. Stacked valves, loader valves, cylinders, etc.

/ Surplus Center Catalog #9  
Thanks for the infomation, I oredered a catalog.

/ Surplus Center Catalog #10  
cool,thanks for the info. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif