Sawmill video ..interesting

/ Sawmill video ..interesting #2  
my head started hurting watching the video bounce all over the place. He never really did anything except talk A LOT?????

/ Sawmill video ..interesting #4  
He is a weird one but some of it is definitely for show...kinda tongue in cheek. My son had shown me some of his videos where he was building a giant 6 legged robot that had a ball type seating area for the "body" that he was building out of scrap AL. Don't know if he ever finished it or not? The last I saw, he had about 50 videos of the project and had the main construction done and was attaching motors.

/ Sawmill video ..interesting #5  
he has some creative ideas, but i think his hardware is quite a bit on the light duty side.

/ Sawmill video ..interesting #6  
Here's the vid of him running it.

Lumber Mill from Scratch Part 8 Test Drive! - YouTube

It's an interesting rig. I wonder if that blade is for ripping or cross cutting. Seems a little slow. Of course it's powered by a generator and 120 v. :laughing:

But I gotta give the guy a lot of credit for making something like that. It takes a lot of thinking and hard work to get it to that point. Good to see people still working with their minds and hands to build something constructive in this day and age of push button everything. Good job! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Sawmill video ..interesting #8  
It's a Swing-Blade Mill! Just like the Lucus from Australia that Baileys has. The swing blade concept works great and is very productive (we used to own one). This guy's version is underpowered and has way too small of a blade, otherwise I have to hand it too him for being ambitious. Thanks for posting!

/ Sawmill video ..interesting #9  
Whooshh...that was a long 10 minutes of watching him putz around. You gotta love his aptitude, but there is no way that guy could make it working for "the man."

/ Sawmill video ..interesting #10  
I think he'd been better off with an alaskan mill, but he should still get an "A" for effort.