Tree spade on CUT

/ Tree spade on CUT #1  

Jbbies

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Anyone built a tree spade for a CUT? I have seen the one you use post pounder to work. But wondering if anyone has built one?

/ Tree spade on CUT #2  
I'm picking up some steel for one today. It will have two spades and it will mount to my front end loader. What did you have in mind?

/ Tree spade on CUT
I was just looking into one for a 3 point and how much power it would take to run one.

/ Tree spade on CUT #4  
I'm going to try powering mine with the bucket tip cylinders on my loader.

/ Tree spade on CUT #5  
Here are some I found, and I have a very large one built with 3/8 in steel. First one is mine.

Attachments

• 25735tree_and_root_bucket-med.jpg
    25735tree_and_root_bucket-med.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 320
  • 104201_1_lg.jpg
    104201_1_lg.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC00750.jpg
    DSC00750.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 913
  • treescoops.jpg
    treescoops.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 602626_20.jpg
    602626_20.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 410
  • dc_1.jpg
    dc_1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 280
   / Tree spade on CUT
J J How big of tree have you been able to remove with yours?

/ Tree spade on CUT #7  
J J How do the dementions of yours compare to the JD version you show and how does it mount?

/ Tree spade on CUT #8  
Here are some I found, and I have a very large one built with 3/8 in steel. First one is mine.

I have two of the ones like you have there JJ but, both have teeth on the bottom, they work great. We recently used one on the bobcat and the other on the tractor to complete a large tree moving project that involved moving 23 large blue spruce trees. We used the bobcat to dig the new holes and the tractor to spade them out, then both to raise and hold them while the other bobcat backfilled.