Not pretty but very functional...

Attachments

• IM006773.JPG
    IM006773.JPG
    763.9 KB · Views: 957
   / SteelCobler #3  
:welcome:

That picture is PRICELESS!

I think I want the little dump/buggie (please tell me it has dump function)...:D

Welcome to TBN, you will fit right in.

David

/ SteelCobler
:welcome:

That picture is PRICELESS!

I think I want the little dump/buggie (please tell me it has dump function)...:D

Welcome to TBN, you will fit right in.

David

Yep, if ya look close just in front of rear wheel ya see the silver hyd. cyl. (one on each side) that raises the box. When the box (5' x 5') is full of dirt over the side extensions ya gotta remember to remove the tailgate or ya get one heck of a ride up in the air. Yep, seen the real dumps (triaxles) do the same thing.

/ SteelCobler #6  
WELCOME to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Build-It Yourself Forum. Nice set up you have there! :thumbsup:

/ SteelCobler #7  
Yep, if ya look close just in front of rear wheel ya see the silver hyd. cyl. (one on each side) that raises the box. When the box (5' x 5') is full of dirt over the side extensions ya gotta remember to remove the tailgate or ya get one heck of a ride up in the air. Yep, seen the real dumps (triaxles) do the same thing.

chandollar, Way cool I like it. I had been accumulating parts to build a similar one only with tandem axles in back, but got the chance to but a running Gator for $1500. Love my gator.
You mention taking an air ride and seeing dump trucks do the same. Been there, done that, got the T shirt. I ran a load for a driver that was in the john and was dumping at the end of a runway extension, when a small plane came in about 20 ft above my head. Zoom, he went over and I watched him landing in the mirrors. Suddenly as the front end got light I remembered not tripping the gate. Then I was up there with the birdies, could have shook hands with the pilot a few seconds before. Had to hang by the running board, drop to the ground then climb up the box and trip the gate to get it back down.
The worst part about the whole deal was that I was the boss and during the whole performance, about 3 more drivers came in who I always was always harassing (in jest) about being dumb truckdrivers. I'll never live that one down.

Like your little backhoe/loader too.
Smiley

/ SteelCobler
Just found these pics, so here they are... The loader bucket is 49" wide for reference. Started splitting some really gnarly stuff 30" or larger and had to take 1 wing off, actually broke off, so now it is a 3 way splitter, still much faster than 2 way. If a bad piece, means cutting through a big knot, I use one wing and just chop it. Another change from last year is table deck is now same height as splitter rail. Don't know if ya can see but unique push plate with guide rails so side forces are eliminated or reduced to null. Before that change would just twist main "I" beam/RR rail. Logger that supplies my logs just keeps shaking his head when seeing the stuff I want. One log was so big he had trouble moving it out from loader. His comment "you asked for it" and I just laughed. Will try to get a pic of that baby before it is all cut up. Installed outside boilers way back in '74 and last year one had to be rebuilt. Now find one of these new outside "open loop" boilers that will last that long. Had to weld the thing myself because my 2 boilers are closed loop. Welders told me I had bombs and would not touch that. Yeah, right, and every one who has a hot water heater too. Now, how many check their blow off valves? Well mine are at 30 pounds and work fine as I run about 12-15 pounds and both boilers also have a solder plug at top so if overheat they melt out and spray water into boiler. Yep, burned coal about 18 years ago and found that does work. Never blew the pop offs but melted the solder plugs, ???? strange but suspect that is why the boiler failed "prematurely". If any interested can get boiler pics and more log pics.

Attachments

• IM006774.JPG
    IM006774.JPG
    738.3 KB · Views: 338
  • IM006777.JPG
    IM006777.JPG
    661 KB · Views: 336
  • IM006781.JPG
    IM006781.JPG
    693 KB · Views: 221
  • IM006776.JPG
    IM006776.JPG