Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet SC2400 Kubota L2350w/ frontend loader

Default Re: SteelCobler

Do you have any pics of that beautiful log hauler? I have several to choose from for this type of transformation But couldnt quite work everything out. I would LOVE to build a twin!!!!
    Speed is all about money sir. No I cant make pigs fly, Now just how fast do you want them to run?

Tractor
    Cub, John Deere, Simplicity, Sears

Here are more pics of cobbled stuff. Yes I can spell, main name is pun depicting cobbles. The 4 way became a 3 way when the gnarly stuff was too much to chop so one wing came off and now works fine. The screw splitter was the transmission for the baby backhoe in the '70's which saw many transitions to the simplicity sunstar. The 8th pic is spare parts shed with back up sunstar only a 20 instead of an 18. White building is boiler room with left boiler rebuilt in '10. The 9th-10th are baby dump truck made from old 1 wheel bumper trailer from the '40's originally on power unit trailer to 10 horse simplicity (screw-splitter remains) to cub cadet with extension for seat and original wheel base for maneuverability. The lift cylinders are from old convertible from fifties used to raise and lower cloth top. A second transmission could be easily added as output shaft present on cubs, but would be more difficult to maneuver. Other pics are depicting my stuff through the years including 30 x 50 pool house (not a green house) with beams for snow loads. Also, the 4 cylinder cub tractor engine hydraulic power unit for 3 way splitter. As I said b4, not pretty but made to work as keep getting older pushing 70 unless I can get dead.... Old age ain't what it is supposed to be, body fine, mind well, google Mahs2003 and click xanga one and see my life or lack thereof.... IF ya wanna know. (Moderators can yank this or I can if inappropriate.) SteelCobler-im006897-jpgSteelCobler-im006898-jpgSteelCobler-im006899-jpgSteelCobler-im006900-jpgSteelCobler-im006901-jpgSteelCobler-im006902-jpgSteelCobler-im006903-jpgSteelCobler-im006904-jpgSteelCobler-im006905-jpgSteelCobler-im006906-jpgSteelCobler-im006907-jpgSteelCobler-im006908-jpgSteelCobler-im006909-jpgSteelCobler-im006910-jpgSteelCobler-im006911-jpgSteelCobler-im006912-jpgSteelCobler-im006913-jpgSteelCobler-im006874-jpg
    Last edited by chandollar; 10-24-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Tractor
    Cub, John Deere, Simplicity, Sears

Would be interested in anyone who has made a unit like the dump truck and added a second or third axle. When I did (floater) and when loaded would only go straight. I had to pull it (the front) where I was going with baby backhoe 18hp simplicity. The real triaxles have the same problem in mud and snow, just want to go straight. Same with tri-axle tractors if pulling very heavy trailers especially on wet concrete highways and left or right angle turns.. Trying to figure a way to raise middle section (axle) for turning, but would defeat the whole idea. When that box 5 x 5 and sides to 6 x 6 filled heaping (over 3 feet) with load it is very heavy. Must be close to a yard of dirt, stone etc. Also, very top heavy. Has been flipped many times through the years sideways and over back, so far never over front. When overloaded I walk along side as shown by shift lever and steering offset. I have considered dual rear wheels but have not figured out how to support outer wheel and outboard axle so do not break main axle. I do not think axle would take that, I know with farm tractors they leave the outer tires a little lower on air pressure. Ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12