Not pretty but very functional...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -im006773-jpg  

Tractor
    None currently

Welcome to TBN.
    Muhammad Chishti
    Administrator

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Default Re: SteelCobler

That picture is PRICELESS!

I think I want the little dump/buggie (please tell me it has dump function)...

Welcome to TBN, you will fit right in.

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Now that's what helped this Country become a Nation-- "Yankee Ingenuity".
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Cub, John Deere, Simplicity, Sears

Quote Originally Posted by MossflowerWoods View Post

That picture is PRICELESS!

I think I want the little dump/buggie (please tell me it has dump function)...

Welcome to TBN, you will fit right in.

David
    Yep, if ya look close just in front of rear wheel ya see the silver hyd. cyl. (one on each side) that raises the box. When the box (5' x 5') is full of dirt over the side extensions ya gotta remember to remove the tailgate or ya get one heck of a ride up in the air. Yep, seen the real dumps (triaxles) do the same thing.

Tractor
    None

WELCOME to TBN

I moved your thread to the Build-It Yourself Forum. Nice set up you have there!
    Briana
    TBN Support

Quote Originally Posted by chandollar View Post
    Yep, if ya look close just in front of rear wheel ya see the silver hyd. cyl. (one on each side) that raises the box. When the box (5' x 5') is full of dirt over the side extensions ya gotta remember to remove the tailgate or ya get one heck of a ride up in the air. Yep, seen the real dumps (triaxles) do the same thing.
    chandollar, Way cool I like it. I had been accumulating parts to build a similar one only with tandem axles in back, but got the chance to but a running Gator for $1500. Love my gator.
    You mention taking an air ride and seeing dump trucks do the same. Been there, done that, got the T shirt. I ran a load for a driver that was in the john and was dumping at the end of a runway extension, when a small plane came in about 20 ft above my head. Zoom, he went over and I watched him landing in the mirrors. Suddenly as the front end got light I remembered not tripping the gate. Then I was up there with the birdies, could have shook hands with the pilot a few seconds before. Had to hang by the running board, drop to the ground then climb up the box and trip the gate to get it back down.
    The worst part about the whole deal was that I was the boss and during the whole performance, about 3 more drivers came in who I always was always harassing (in jest) about being dumb truckdrivers. I'll never live that one down.

Like your little backhoe/loader too.
    Smiley

Tractor
    Cub, John Deere, Simplicity, Sears

Just found these pics, so here they are... The loader bucket is 49" wide for reference. Started splitting some really gnarly stuff 30" or larger and had to take 1 wing off, actually broke off, so now it is a 3 way splitter, still much faster than 2 way. If a bad piece, means cutting through a big knot, I use one wing and just chop it. Another change from last year is table deck is now same height as splitter rail. Don't know if ya can see but unique push plate with guide rails so side forces are eliminated or reduced to null. Before that change would just twist main "I" beam/RR rail. Logger that supplies my logs just keeps shaking his head when seeing the stuff I want. One log was so big he had trouble moving it out from loader. His comment "you asked for it" and I just laughed. Will try to get a pic of that baby before it is all cut up. Installed outside boilers way back in '74 and last year one had to be rebuilt. Now find one of these new outside "open loop" boilers that will last that long. Had to weld the thing myself because my 2 boilers are closed loop. Welders told me I had bombs and would not touch that. Yeah, right, and every one who has a hot water heater too. Now, how many check their blow off valves? Well mine are at 30 pounds and work fine as I run about 12-15 pounds and both boilers also have a solder plug at top so if overheat they melt out and spray water into boiler. Yep, burned coal about 18 years ago and found that does work. Never blew the pop offs but melted the solder plugs, ???? strange but suspect that is why the boiler failed "prematurely". If any interested can get boiler pics and more log pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -im006777-jpg   -im006774-jpg   -im006781-jpg   -im006776-jpg   -im006778-jpg  

-im006779-jpg   -im006780-jpg  
    Last edited by chandollar; 10-18-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Tractor
    2011 LS R3039

Welcome, great pictures.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MF

Welcome to the forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast