Another Mini-Dozer

/ Another Mini-Dozer #1  

rawinok2

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere Models 60 & X324
I decided to build a mini-dozer utilizing the old Struck belt & pulley transmission design and building the body and track from my own design.
I started from scratch making a frame from 4" channel and 1.25"x3/16" angle.
I framed a dash board from 1" square tubing and a grill from 1/2" rods and 2"x1/4" bar stock. I added bearing supports from 3/16" plate.

Attachments

• Mini-Dozer.jpg
    Mini-Dozer.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 4,954
  • Mini-Dozer (1).jpg
    Mini-Dozer (1).jpg
    410 KB · Views: 5,159
  • Mini-Dozer (3).jpg
    Mini-Dozer (3).jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 4,771
  • Mini-Dozer (4).jpg
    Mini-Dozer (4).jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 6,202
   / Another Mini-Dozer #4  
Whoa, don't drop that on your foot! Looks like something that could do some real work.

/ Another Mini-Dozer #5  
What do u have in mind as a powerplant...or do we half to wait?

/ Another Mini-Dozer
I plan on using a 16 HP Powerhouse engine. It is a Honda knockoff (made in China). They sell for about $400.00. Anyone have any experience with these?
I suppose the old adage "you get what you pay for" applies here.
I am working on the track segments next. I got the idea for them from someone from the "Machine Builders Network" who built an excavator.
After that, I need to slow down my drill press so that I can drill a lot of 7/8" holes through 3/4" plate for the track sprockets. I got the idea on how to slow down the drill press from the MBN also.

Attachments

• Struck MD1600 Belt Diagram.jpg
    Struck MD1600 Belt Diagram.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 8,345
  • Track Segment.jpg
    Track Segment.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 5,770
  • Track Assy..jpg
    Track Assy..jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 9,003
  • Track Segments.jpg
    Track Segments.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 7,064
   / Another Mini-Dozer #7  
Thanks

Looks good!

What about getting the holes punched out with a big ironworker?

/ Another Mini-Dozer #8  
I plan on using a 16 HP Powerhouse engine. It is a Honda knockoff (made in China). They sell for about $400.00. Anyone have any experience with these?
I suppose the old adage "you get what you pay for" applies here.
I am working on the track segments next. I got the idea for them from someone from the "Machine Builders Network" who built an excavator.
After that, I need to slow down my drill press so that I can drill a lot of 7/8" holes through 3/4" plate for the track sprockets. I got the idea on how to slow down the drill press from the MBN also.

The guys on MTF give those clones a good going over.They check everything on them.They drain the shipping oil,fill with kerosene,and shake it up real good to loosen any debris inside the engine.Then drain it out really good.Refill with quality oil and give'er a cap full down the plug hole.Spin it over a couple times and then start it up.Run it an hour or two and change the oil again,then again at 8 to 10 hours.

/ Another Mini-Dozer #9  
DUDE! that is awesome! You do good work and have a heck of a lot more patients than I have. The tracks look great. Very Impressive. I have worked on Dozers half of my life and this is too cool. I look forward to seeing more pics and your progress.

The Powerhouse engines are as good as a Honda in my opinion and half the cost. I have three of them and they never hesitate to start and always get the job done. Good luck with your build. I am excited to see it when it is done.