15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point?

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point?
I was planning on putting a little boom set up on mine. I was thinking you were thinking the same. But yes if you just have a hand wand i think having it in the bucket would work just fine.

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #12  
I was planning on putting a little boom set up on mine. I was thinking you were thinking the same. But yes if you just have a hand wand i think having it in the bucket would work just fine.

I'm going to give it a try this weekend ..My son has one and i am going to borrow it and see how it works in the bucket....I need spot spraying for an insidious weed...." Privet hedge.." just awful stuff...I just need to be able to go from tree to tree across the pasture quickly and give a spray and move on ..the privet grows under trees and along fence lines..so the spray wand works great for my application...

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #13  
Do you have an ATV? I have my 25 gallon tank on the back of my ATV and will be buying or making a boom to spray. I would think - but could be wrong - that it would be cheaper to operate the ATV than the tractor. Additionally, it would hold down the hours on the tractor. My ,02.

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point?
Dont have an ATV yet. On my list but seems to be a ways down due to landscaping. I just picked up a sprayer cheap that was for an ATV just want to convert it for my CUT.

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #17  
Thanks Steve, I will be fine then..it should work perfect.

Bob,

Good luck. I am battling privet on my farm -- it's a true abomination.

I have found that spraying privet 8' or taller with 41% glyphosate or Crossbow isn't very effective. I have been cutting the taller privet with either my brush-cutter (for bushes up to 2" diameter or so at the base) and my chainsaw for the the larger bushes. I then spray 41% glyphosate diluted 50-50 with diesel fuel on the freshly cut stumps.

Steve

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #18  
Bob,

Good luck. I am battling privet on my farm -- it's a true abomination.

I have found that spraying privet 8' or taller with 41% glyphosate or Crossbow isn't very effective. I have been cutting the taller privet with either my brush-cutter (for bushes up to 2" diameter or so at the base) and my chainsaw for the the larger bushes. I then spray 41% glyphosate diluted 50-50 with diesel fuel on the freshly cut stumps.

Steve

OK - Steve, I spent the last 2 days bush hogging it down so this Sat I will go out and spray the stumps..so I will add 50% diesel...thanks for the timp..and yes it is an abomination and insidious and it will soon take over Georgia and pass Cudzoo as the killer weed...

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #19  
OK - Steve, I spent the last 2 days bush hogging it down so this Sat I will go out and spray the stumps..so I will add 50% diesel...thanks for the timp..and yes it is an abomination and insidious and it will soon take over Georgia and pass Cudzoo as the killer weed...

Bob,

I have been spraying the cut stumps immediately after cutting with great success. I remember reading an article in Forest Landowner Magazine about spraying the cut stumps after a delay. If memory serves, spraying after a delay wasn't very effective. Unfortunately, I don't remember what sort of delay was involved.

If you have any leaves left after your bush hogging, you could do a foliar spray with the 41% glyphosate per the label, 2.67 ounces per gallon of water IIRC. If not, you could wait for the regrowth in the spring and then conduct a foliar spray.

Steve

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #20  
I found that Coco-Cola ship concentrate around in about 18 gal containers if you around at the right time you get them for a couple of $.
I tie it to the bush hog...added a little electric pump from ebay....A spray wand from an old hand held garden sprayer... So now I can clean up around the fence line and spray along the actual fence at the same time.
Comes in very handy for cutting the grass in between my acres of vines while spraying under the vines.
I got a pump that goes to 80 psi..produces such a good fine mist I now use less than half the round up I used to do with a 30psi pump
A spray boom could be added to the back of the bush hog easily if you wanted one.
A very cheap effective sprayer
Bob