15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point?

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #1  

Jbbies

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Has anyone built or converted a little 15 gal ATV sprayer to hook onto their tractor via 3 point or other. I have 5 acres and a small spayer I would like to use on my tractor. Just looking for some ideas.

B

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #2  
Haven't done it yet but that is one of my future project plans. I plan to go a little larger if I can find a good 30 gal tank to start with. It will be very easy to build a 3pt frame to carry it on. Looking for a PTO pump at a reasonable price rather than the electric that ATV sprayers use.

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #3  
nope but shouldnt be 2 hard to build a wee frame for it

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #4  
I thought about doing the same thing but I went with the 25 gallon unit from BXpanded. Not too much $ and its a really good design. I did not think my finished product would be comparable in design or quality.

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #5  
   / 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #6  
sounds like a carry-all would convert it.. or would be able to be made up easilly with some angle iron, torch and welder.

soundguy

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #7  
Here is what I was thinking of doing....I was thinking of using my TC-29 D and putting the 15 gallon sprayer in my FEL bucket..just setting it in there...then lift the hood and connect the jumpers to the tractor battery and then drive around an spray...I just wonder how long the hose is, I wonder if it would reach back far enough to the tractor seat..probably 6 or 7 feet...Any thoughts about my idea ? and does anyone know how long the TSC or HF 15 gallon sprayer hoses are ?

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point?
I thought about doing the same thing as you with putting it in the bucket. I just didnt feel like having chemicals spray back as I was driving around all over my
Tractor. I also feel like having it on the back would make it very easy to see. Im thinking I will just build a simple carry all. and mount it on the three point. I like having it on the three point because I can get the spray nozzles as close to the ground as I want.

B

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #9  
I just use some bungess and kind of strap it to the 3 points arms. To be honest its a crappy setup, but its easy. The only real problem is that some times it gets a little twisted, so it won't pick up the last half gallon or so of material.

/ 15 Gal sprayer on a 3 point? #10  
I thought about doing the same thing as you with putting it in the bucket. I just didnt feel like having chemicals spray back as I was driving around all over my
Tractor. I also feel like having it on the back would make it very easy to see. Im thinking I will just build a simple carry all. and mount it on the three point. I like having it on the three point because I can get the spray nozzles as close to the ground as I want.

B

I don't see how chemicals would spray back....because you or I would be holding the hose and sprayer in our hand and why would it matter if the tank was in the front in the bucket or in the back on the 3 pt. ? the tank is sealed ..it has a cap...Am I missing something...?