John Deere 260 Backhoe Street Pads

/ John Deere 260 Backhoe Street Pads #1  

swick1

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 1026R
I'm looking for cheap street pads for my backhoe. I have considered screwing a 2x6 onto the stabilizer feet and then attaching an old tire to that, but I wondered if anyone had a better idea. This needs to be built or bought by next week to complete a project I've been doing for my brother-in-law.

/ John Deere 260 Backhoe Street Pads #2  
Artillian BH feet and street shoes. This is a very well designed set of feet and shoes, I picked up a set last month. They are designed for the BH46, but they might fit the 260, see the attached dimensions.

46 Backhoe Turf Feet

/ John Deere 260 Backhoe Street Pads
I decided to build my own from an old tire and a 2x8

Attachments

• 2011-10-19 21.49.18.jpg
    2011-10-19 21.49.18.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 1,583
   / John Deere 260 Backhoe Street Pads #4  
My dealer suggested 3 hockey pucks bolted to each foot. He says it works just as well as the ones he sells. Now, beeing a good canuck, I've got dozens of them lying around anyway, but I've yet to actually try it.

I'm having a hard time imagining the hockey puck idea. How would they be oriented? Stacked or put together in a triangle on top of a block of wood? Oriented sideways so that the curved edge touches the ground?

/ John Deere 260 Backhoe Street Pads #6  
They would lie flat under the foot, no wood needed. Just put a hole through the centre to bolt it on, counter sink the bolt head and bolt it through an existing hole in the foot. My dealer said guys have used 3 pucks and it worked really well, but if 4 fits, go with 4, the more the better IMO.

Here's what I mean, excuse the 30 second drawing in paint, I think it'll still get the idea across.

Attachments

• puck pad.JPG
    puck pad.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 254
I threw away my hockey pucks about 3 years ago. I used to play from 97-01. :(

/ John Deere 260 Backhoe Street Pads #8  
Ouch, I hope you're not a fellow Canuck. Up here, it's illegal to throw hockey pucks away, same type of laws as they have for destruction of currency. If you ever did that here, a mountie would come riding up to your igloo on a horse and give you a stern talking to, eh. :laughing:

Ha Ha, nope, i'm from West Virginia, USA. I don't know if anyone around these parts could identify a hockey puck.

/ John Deere 260 Backhoe Street Pads #10  
Good for you for playing, was it in West Virginia? I played from 3 or 4 yrs old up to men's hockey when I was about 26. I quite after I was in a head on collision and shattered my right knee cap 10 yrs ago, but didn't go back because of how popular hockey is here. As it should be, kids are given priority for ice time and by the time men's leagues get to the ice, it's a 9-11pm start. By the time you play an hour, change and drive home, it's 12:30am and by the time you're no longer wired and fall asleep it's 1:30am, and that makes going to work the next day pretty hard. I'm not even in a small town with 1 or 2 sheets of ice, there are dozens and dozens and dozens of arenas, there's just that many kids playing.
I have 3 kids under 5 now and I'm going into my second year of building a rink. I tell my wife the insane amounts of money (a big part of buying the tractor was for a rink) and the huge amount time preparing, building and maintaining the rink is all for the kids, but the truth is there's just as big of a smile on my face out on the rink as there is on the kids faces.