grill guard help!

/ grill guard help! #1  

NHtc45

Ok guys im new to the site and me and my dad bought a tc 45 and I want to make him a grill guard for it for christmas. I was hoping that someone on here had some pictures and I was really hoping that someone had some plans with some exact measurements. The tractor is in middle tn and Im in east tn so I cant see the tractor while im going to be building it. If that makes sense. I obviously know what it looks like and stuff but i dont have it right in front of me. I have a welder and a lot of other tools and equip needed.

I saw the one on new hollands site but, i like the custom look of building one myself and those seem a little bit expensive.

Thanks a lot guys, hope yall can help me out!

/ grill guard help!
nobodies got anything?!? Im sure someone can help me out :cool:

/ grill guard help! #3  
Have you considered going to a local NH dealer with the same tractor and grill guard, explaining the situation and taking measurements and even taking some poster board and doing some tracings. Just a thought.

/ grill guard help! #4  
Are you talking about putting mesh between the front guard or needing to build a whole front guard for the grill? If I needed to build something like that I'd need the tractor to mock up the guard or at least some very good measurements. If you can weld/fab pretty good you can hit your local scrap metal place for remnants of big cuts and get some nice 1/4 inch flat stock or even 1/2 thick and fab up a frame. All else fails you can get an oem one from the dealer. Shouldn't be too much just for a grill.

/ grill guard help!
no im talking about making the whole thing up from scratch. id rather not buy one too expensive and they kinda look flimsy i think.

/ grill guard help! #6  
Ran out to the barn and took these photos of my TC33D w/ super steer to give you some ideas. This is the factory kit and I can assure you it is not flimsy. Shipping weight about 45 lbs, uprights are 3/8" and horizontal tubes are 1/4". It needs to tilt forward to open the hood and has the latch mechanism. If you are building for a tractor with a loader, you may want even more hood protection. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMGP6530.JPG
    IMGP6530.JPG
    686.7 KB · Views: 374
  • IMGP6534.JPG
    IMGP6534.JPG
    820.4 KB · Views: 249
  • IMGP6535.JPG
    IMGP6535.JPG
    824.4 KB · Views: 289
  • IMGP6554.JPG
    IMGP6554.JPG
    828.6 KB · Views: 319
   / grill guard help! #7  
That's a nice grill. I noticed it swings forward, probably to raise the hood.

That's very important if you're building your own. Easy to do mind you, but you don't want to find out it's in your way when you go to raise your hood for the first time.

/ grill guard help! #8  
I done this to a tc24da a couple of years ago and now have it on my t1510 and it works great and a lot less money than a factory setup.

I staretd with a bumper off an older model Ford and they are strong. If you live in East Tn and you are going down 81 to 40 you could stop in White Pine Tn. at the Smart Farmer and pick up a new bumper for these model tractors for around $70 -$100 bucks and save yourself a lot of welding. I used the model that has the flat plate on the rear so i could bolt it to the flat plate on the front frame of the tractor. I would think that if the tc 45's hood tilted forward that you could just add a hinge plate to the bottom and a fab a pin for the top and whalaa!! folding bumper that is far less costly and just as strong as the one new holland sells aftermarket for $400 bucks cha! Ching!!

You can look up the smart farmer on the net and see what im talkking about.

I will Note: on the model tractor i had the tc24 the hood raised UP.. and after bolting this bumper on it still had plenty of room to raise. again it did not tilt forward.

**Also anyone looking for a good bumper for the t1510 these also fit the bill very nicely as they are tall enough to cover the grill area just short of the headlights....and guess what's even better.. they bolt right up...and cost lot's less than factory.....

/ grill guard help! #9  
I measured my Kubota, and then made my own with 1 inch steel pipe for the outside, and over top of hood. Three inch square tubing for the bottom of the frame and 1 inch square steel tubing for in front of the grille. After fitting, I needed a 3/8 inch spacer for clearing the headlights. My job was complicated by the FEL, and needing that space perfect for it .The factory cost I almost needed oxygen to revive me? Sorry but not savy enough to post photos yet?

/ grill guard help!
thanks guys.....