Snow pusher build

/ Snow pusher build #11  
I am planing on building a proper snow plow next year. I am going to use an 8 ft x 4 ft even 3 split it and weld a cutting edge to it flat with end plates. I am a Canadian and retired I will use what I can find or trade for labour. You made a nice build, congradulations.

/ Snow pusher build
I am planing on building a proper snow plow next year. I am going to use an 8 ft x 4 ft even 3 split it and weld a cutting edge to it flat with end plates. I am a Canadian and retired I will use what I can find or trade for labour. You made a nice build, congradulations.

Thanks for the comment. Ya it worked out pretty nicely I think. I finished welding up the mounting plate and i tested it out tonite. I will say this, it sure beats plowing with the bucket lol. I do not regret building this. I sure enjoy it so far. I did a little tesat run to see if everything was good. Im gonna clean it up good here and paint it(spray) for now. I now think i need to re think my wleder though. Im gonna sell my Clark 180en and invest into a miller 252 or lincon 255 and a arc welder too.

/ Snow pusher build #13  
What I am going to use is an old propane tank. I have a loader just a 1/2 yard model and even if I bolt the plow to the front it would be faster preferably I will remove the bucket. Three pins.
Paint is always a good idea.

/ Snow pusher build
What I am going to use is an old propane tank. I have a loader just a 1/2 yard model and even if I bolt the plow to the front it would be faster preferably I will remove the bucket. Three pins.
Paint is always a good idea.

I have seen a few guys use oilfield pipe(42" conductor barrel) and they cut it into 3 pieces and make a blade. I have seen the propane tank done before and they work but the only thing is they are kinda thin and even if they brace them it requires alot of metal. If i was you(just out of suggestion) i would save up and build one like mine as it pays for the heavier metal. I realize you are on a budget, so am i, but i just saved up and then did it all once i figured i had enough. Just a thought.

/ Snow pusher build #15  
Nice looking build.

Do you think that it may gouge the ground with the bit at that much of an angle(or so it looks in pics).
Let us know how it works I am workin on a blade now too and experience equals expertise. I bent my light duty by using it harder than I should have and am now also overbuilding for a more dirt friendly version.:D

Again nice lookin build so far.

Eric

/ Snow pusher build #16  
Looking real good. Wish I had the time to build something like that:thumbsup:

/ Snow pusher build #17  
Make sure your skids go the full length of the sides so you can keep it level while plowing..

/ Snow pusher build #18  
Ya i was kinda looking at that last nite lol But im gonna build a box blade next with scarfires and such. I prefer to build stuff as its too expensive to buy from alot of suppliers up here in canada. Were not as fortunate as you guys down south to have a dealer like everything attachments, we pay alot more for everything up here, Including tractors and attachments.:mad:

Heh heh... I must take after my (Canadian) mum then. My mechanical stable consists of a $500 Kubota B7100 (another $500 into getting it going), home built 4ft boxblade (cost me a total of probably $10 worth of welding wire and gas. Metal was all leftover/scraps from work... oh, I did buy (4) $15 ripper shanks to add after using it a few times. ). Latest build was a toothbar, again out of scrap bits for no $. My snow pusher is a project-in-waiting (gave $20 to the local propane fill shop for a scrap 250gal propane tank = enough for 3 blades, already perfectly curved). I've cut out the blades, but haven't gotten around to finishing building the frame... no snow here last year kinda killed the momentum, then spring, then moving to a new "farm" and all that entails...

I find it a lot more fun to try to design around materials I've got, or can get for cheap, then build it myself. $ saved over buying new can be put into tools to make the next build easier ('course most of my tools were used/broken when I acquired them too... I have under $500 total into my 140A MIG, 60A plasma and old heavy drill press.)

/ Snow pusher build
Nice looking build.

Do you think that it may gouge the ground with the bit at that much of an angle(or so it looks in pics).
Let us know how it works I am workin on a blade now too and experience equals expertise. I bent my light duty by using it harder than I should have and am now also overbuilding for a more dirt friendly version.:D

Again nice lookin build so far.

Eric

No i tried it out last nite and it didnt really dif in to bad. I think next time im gonna add 15* more bend to the bottom and try that. Im happy with the performance so far but i need some fresh snow to try it out on. I just tried it on the old snow we got a while ago but it cleaned it perfect. The only thing i would do different next time really is make it so i can tilt it back. with the way its mounted right now it tilts flat when the cylinders are pulled all the way back in. Ill get you some finsihed pictures here today.

/ Snow pusher build
Well here is the finsihed product minus the paint.

011-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg