pull behind 2 stage blowers

/ pull behind 2 stage blowers #1  

smiley

Gold Member
Just for ideas, I saw several of these pull behind 2 stage blowers in Montreal last week. Although one was clearing the parking lane on one street, I assume they're meant for driveway clearing where you back up to the garage, drop the little blade, pull ahead far enough to get the blower behind it and have at it.

Attachments

• IMAG0055.JPG
    IMAG0055.JPG
    254.5 KB · Views: 412
  • IMAG0053.JPG
    IMAG0053.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 418
   / pull behind 2 stage blowers #2  
I don't see why it couldn't be used as you suggest,just as long frame doesn't get snag or worse

/ pull behind 2 stage blowers #3  
That is the only type I have seen being used in Ottawa as well, huge ones & smaller ones on sidewalks. Most of them have a bit of a blade on the back of the auger housing & they can push snow as well

/ pull behind 2 stage blowers #5  
I don't see any advantage besides the obvious, not haveing to operate in reverse.

But driving over and packing the snow before you try to blow it, seems like not the most efficient way to do it??? especially in heavy deep snow.

I have zero experience with 3 pt blowers though, so I may be missing something.

JB

/ pull behind 2 stage blowers #6  
They work great. Dad had one for over 30 years, and packing what you drive on was/is a non issue! When it is time for a new blower, going pull type again. Lucknow, MK Martin are two of a few that make them.

Cleared two 1/4 + mile long driveways with it, never had a problem in the deep snow.

Last edited:
   / pull behind 2 stage blowers #7  
Thats why I like this site, you just never know what kind of equipment you might see. I would never have thought something like that would work very well.

/ pull behind 2 stage blowers #8  
davygp38.
You indeed hit the nail square on the head w/your post. :)

/ pull behind 2 stage blowers #9  
They are only available for the bigger CUT up for obvious reasons...ground clearance

/ pull behind 2 stage blowers #10  
I don't see any advantage besides the obvious, not haveing to operate in reverse.

But driving over and packing the snow before you try to blow it, seems like not the most efficient way to do it??? especially in heavy deep snow.

I have zero experience with 3 pt blowers though, so I may be missing something.

JB

I think they make a lot of sense, especially on farm and rural roads where cleaning down to pavement isn't too important.
Definitely cheaper and more versatile then a front blower...