Hydraulic Auger Mount

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount #51  
I ran into this thread last night late, woke up to it on my monitor this morning...I am glad it is still here. . .

Brandi that valve you bought from Surplus, that is how I found this thread in a search,
I thought Surplus had discontinued that valve. Well, I know they discontinued one
VERY similar, maybe the flow rate was a tad less, now here it is again. Anyways I have a grapple
project I am wanting to power and that valve is a candidate. I would love to
see your mounting of it when it is finished.

In my travels looking for a valve because Surplus had discontinued it,
I landed on the Fasse site. They have an ergonimic handle w/ push button
that is beautiful, I only wish I had found this thread sooner for you.
It really looks nice and I bet it is a pleasure to hold on to and control.
They have a couple of other options as well, a push button that attaches
to the shaft, and a joystick I thunk.

This valve is available in a 30gpm as well.

fasse-valve.jpg

A PHD hung from the front would be a dream to use. Others have suggested possible issues
bending the FEL arms and rightfully so. Boy if you decide to pull up while turning and if that
bit decides to grab a stuck rock at the same time you could generate enough force to bend
your tractor, IMO. I might suggest you do something to counterweight the FEL on the other side.
How about perhaps you calculate what the Auger and bit weigh, then simply add that much
weight to the extreme other end of the FEL bucket?
I really think it will help a lot. Your call.

I have been building a grapple for my BX25 and I welded a piece of angle to
my bucket and attached the grapples mount. I have not mounted the grapple yet
because I have been utilizing that grapple mount for other things I have dreamed up! :D

I learned from this thread that I could use the center cylinder mount for the grapple,
to make a holder for a PHD, on center of the bucket! Your side attach has a lot of merit,
as well, if one imagines all the moves running along a fence line it could be a real timesaver.

mount-forks.jpg

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount
I ran into this thread last night late, woke up to it on my monitor this morning...I am glad it is still here. . .

Brandi that valve you bought from Surplus, that is how I found this thread in a search,
I thought Surplus had discontinued that valve. Well, I know they discontinued one
VERY similar, maybe the flow rate was a tad less, now here it is again. Anyways I have a grapple
project I am wanting to power and that valve is a candidate. I would love to
see your mounting of it when it is finished.

In my travels looking for a valve because Surplus had discontinued it,
I landed on the Fasse site. They have an ergonimic handle w/ push button
that is beautiful, I only wish I had found this thread sooner for you.
It really looks nice and I bet it is a pleasure to hold on to and control.
They have a couple of other options as well, a push button that attaches
to the shaft, and a joystick I thunk.

This valve is available in a 30gpm as well.

fasse-valve.jpg

A PHD hung from the front would be a dream to use. Others have suggested possible issues
bending the FEL arms and rightfully so. Boy if you decide to pull up while turning and if that
bit decides to grab a stuck rock at the same time you could generate enough force to bend
your tractor, IMO. I might suggest you do something to counterweight the FEL on the other side.
How about perhaps you calculate what the Auger and bit weigh, then simply add that much
weight to the extreme other end of the FEL bucket?
I really think it will help a lot. Your call.

I have been building a grapple for my BX25 and I welded a piece of angle to
my bucket and attached the grapples mount. I have not mounted the grapple yet
because I have been utilizing that grapple mount for other things I have dreamed up! :D

I learned from this thread that I could use the center cylinder mount for the grapple,
to make a holder for a PHD, on center of the bucket! Your side attach has a lot of merit,
as well, if one imagines all the moves running along a fence line it could be a real timesaver.

mount-forks.jpg

Artisan,
As soon as I find the right fittings, I will install the valve. It is the fittings that will dictate how and where the valve is mounted.
My tractor weighs 11,300 pounds. It doesn't need any counter weight. There is no way that auger can bend the loader arms. There are no rocks around here, except for the ones I hauled here.
The bucket end installation for hydraulic augers have been well engineered by Danuser. They offer a bucket end mount for sale. If you really want a center mount, buy a skid steer adapter plate and mount it on there. You can bend that upper lip up......I know that as a fact. Center mounting an auger is great for a skid steer, but you can not see it on a tractor. Thus the bucket end mounting position.
You have a BX? I think it will fit in my 7 foot bucket.:D

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount #53  
bindian
When i was searching for The "right" Hyd. fittings for a compact set up for my do3 dual sol.valves Discount Hyd hose was a great sorce as they had a selection of fittings that really help me.Especially the long sae#8x 90*x jic and a short one that really helped in making a very compact set up.
ak9

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount #54  
bindian
When i was searching for The "right" Hyd. fittings for a compact set up for my do3 dual sol.valves Discount Hyd hose was a great sorce as they had a selection of fittings that really help me.Especially the long sae#8x 90*x jic and a short one that really helped in making a very compact set up.
ak9

Viola

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount
bindian
ak9

Thanks AK9. These guys..... SAE 37° Flare (JIC) x O-Ring Boss (ORB) 90° Elbow have more of a selection and are cheaper than Surplus Center. Since I am going to buy my bulk lines and reuseable fittings from them, I will get my valve fittings from them also.
I already decided to go long and short 90s. The long one may rub the engine side cowling, but I have the tools to relieve any rubbing and make an opening and cover the opening from the inside if needed.
hugs, Brnadi

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount
bindian
ak9

Thanks AK9. These guys..... SAE 37° Flare (JIC) x O-Ring Boss (ORB) 90° Elbow have more of a selection and are cheaper than Surplus Center. Since I am going to buy my bulk lines and reuseable fittings from them, I will get my valve fittings from them also.
I already decided to go long and short 90s. The long one may rub the engine side cowling, but I have the tools to relieve any rubbing and make an opening and cover the opening from the inside if needed.
hugs, Brandi

/ Hydraulic Auger Mount #57  
bindian
Here are a few pics of my Hyd valve set up i made . I chose this location because it is was as close to the loader valve as I could get it and was easy to pass the Hyd lines to the front. I really liked the way the long and short 90* fittings nested in tight to the tractor and The PB & tank lines were easy to run in this location.
ak9

Attachments

• 0310021306.jpg
    0310021306.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 303
  • 0310021305.jpg
    0310021305.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 271
   / Hydraulic Auger Mount
bindian
Here are a few pics of my Hyd valve set up i made . I chose this location because it is was as close to the loader valve as I could get it and was easy to pass the Hyd lines to the front. I really liked the way the long and short 90* fittings nested in tight to the tractor and The PB & tank lines were easy to run in this location.
ak9

Thanks for the input and photos. I have plenty of room forward of my loader valve on the mast. So that is where I bolted the valve. I have plenty of clearance, even hood clearance. The knob switch is all finished and the wiring harness ready to install. I extended the threads on the shaft for a jam nut.

Just ordered fifty something dollars of SAE fittings for the valve installation. I ordered extra of different fittings to make sure I have what I want when I move lines.

Oh yeah, the white thing on the valve is a rubber glove I used to keep metal shavings out while marking holes. The blue fittings are aluminum AN fittings and caps, which are the Army Navy version of JIC. Those are there just to keep metal shavings out also.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 3-11-12 Knob switch & harness with Valve.jpg
    3-11-12 Knob switch & harness with Valve.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 244
  • 3-11-12 Tapping down joystick shaft.jpg
    3-11-12 Tapping down joystick shaft.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 3-11-12 Valve over the hood view.jpg
    3-11-12 Valve over the hood view.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 3-11-12 Valve view from Seat.jpg
    3-11-12 Valve view from Seat.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 3-11-12 Valve-Hood Clearance.jpg
    3-11-12 Valve-Hood Clearance.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 230
   / Hydraulic Auger Mount
Last Thursday, I won the bid on a Richie Brothers Auction grapple. It was the only bid won under $1000 for a grapple. I wondered why until I saw that I won a bid on a grapple that I thought I deleted from my watchlist.:eek: It is a lite weight grapple and the Big RED Beast just might turn it into a pretzel.:eek::eek: I'll let Y'all know after I get it working if I want to sale it our keep it.
hugs, Brandi

Attachments

• 3-10-12 Grapples first ride on Big RED Beast.jpg
    3-10-12 Grapples first ride on Big RED Beast.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 276
   / Hydraulic Auger Mount #60  
Artisan,

snip

You have a BX? I think it will fit in my 7 foot bucket.:D

Oh that's Cold! :laughing: hehe. What's that old addage, something about it's not how big it is but how.... I will leave that there... :D

I am sure someday I won't be able to live w/o a "beast" as well, of which I must admit, I didn't realize your tractor was so big initially as well, for now were good with a lil tiny run all day on just a few gallons of fuel, fit thru a 49" opening BX25 :D:rolleyes:. Thank you for this thread and posting up pics. It helped me make up my mind as to what I am going to do. After a lot of rig-a-ma-rolling around and him-hawing I decided to go w/ a Fasse valve, a valve that I believe is not known to the general public to well yet, at least I didn't see it in Fasse's webazine. When I have it in hand I will post pics of it in my GrappleOmatic thread.

So as not to hijack your quality thread I invite you over to see my lil project HERE. I will be watching this cool build up! ;) Your doing a great job. Sometimes the best man for a job is a woman, my wife is the best helper I have ever had and I kid you not. I have tought many a man the difference between 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1.25, 1.5 and 2" Gal, Black, Copper, PVC etc et al and few remembered it, she does and remeber where things go? men want to just pile it all, she puts stuff back in it's place.

Hopefully you will make a UTube of it working when done and keep the pics coming !