Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute

/ Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute #12  
My 57-inch, rear-mounted snow blower has a crank to change direction of the chute. I would like to turn it remotely.

Can anybody show me a picture of how you did it? It seems easy, but my head is not working this week.

I think you would like this one :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdoP9uutw8g&feature=endscreen&NR=1]Ingersoll Garden Tractor SB48 Snowblower with electric R/L chute motor - YouTube[/ame]

/ Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute #14  
For my 2 cents the most cost effective is to use a 'el cheepo' 2000 lb ATV winch as found on EBay and many other sources.
Generally in the $50. is range.
You mount it vertically on the blower frame, shorten the cable to allow some 8 or so turns on the winch and one complete turn around the snow chute (much like the hand crank version).
The major challenge is to modify the cable attachment on the winch so that the shortened cable is attached centered on the winch drum, doable but can be a challenge to some.
Those winch kits even include a reversing switch!
On mine I drilled and fed the cable and then drove in a wedge.
Have fun and good luck.

/ Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute #15  
To me it looks like a wiper motor or a door window motor, use a wiper motor and set up similiar and it moves slower so I suspect due to the speed that its a window motor.
But the OP of the VIDEO will tell us i hope.

/ Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute #16  
To me it looks like a wiper motor or a door window motor, use a wiper motor and set up similiar and it moves slower so I suspect due to the speed that its a window motor.
But the OP of the VIDEO will tell us i hope.

-The following is Taken from the video description on youtube

It is from a car power window motor. There have been others with Case and Ingersoll snowblowers who have used the same type of motor for many years and have been pleased with the performance. I hope to say the same...

/ Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute #17  
This might give you some more ideas :):thumbsup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ay7mSK2J8&feature=endscreen&NR=1]new power chute - YouTube[/ame]

/ Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute #18  
My 57-inch, rear-mounted snow blower has a crank to change direction of the chute. I would like to turn it remotely.

Can anybody show me a picture of how you did it? It seems easy, but my head is not working this week.

Do you have rear hydraulics? If you do then I would suggest using a hydraulic motor. I put a high torque - low speed motor on mine. I connected the motor to the existing handle shaft with a piece of 1" hydraulic hose pushed onto the motor shaft - this creates a nice torque limiter so I don't rip it apart.

/ Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute #19  

Huhh ?
How "remotely" ?
I assume you will be ON the tractor at the time, or do you want to control that "remotely" as well ?
That can be done too, mount a web cam on a dummy in the driver's seat, etc.

/ Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute
I don't have any spare hydraulics on my B2710 Kubota. That would be too easy.

But, geez, you guys are coming up with some good ideas.

:)