Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute

/ Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute #1  

PACountryGuy

Tractor
Kubota
My 57-inch, rear-mounted snow blower has a crank to change direction of the chute. I would like to turn it remotely.

Can anybody show me a picture of how you did it? It seems easy, but my head is not working this week.

/ Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute #2  
There are many many ways of doing it depending on your resources and abilities.

within TBN do a search for the word "chute" and select "thread titles only" and you'll find a whole load of threads dedicated to exactly what you're looking for. :)

/ Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute #3  
My 57-inch, rear-mounted snow blower has a crank to change direction of the chute. I would like to turn it remotely.

Can anybody show me a picture of how you did it? It seems easy, but my head is not working this week.

post a pic of yours too
'

here is my old farmking system

Attachments

• rotator 3.jpg
    rotator 3.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 932
  • rotator 1.jpg
    rotator 1.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 551
  • rotator 2.jpg
    rotator 2.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 785
   / Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute #4  
Tell us what make of blower you have.
I have a thread from when I did my Buhler, but each blower is different.

/ Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute #6  
when i mounted my blower on the fel I didnt have the time to build an apperatus to rotate the chute at the time, so i removed the crank,
wound a 1/2 in rope around the chute 2 or 3 times and fed the ropes back to the cab
so to rotate the chute I just pull the rope on either side
This has worked so well I havent bothered to replace it, after 16 years
cheap and simple but it works

/ Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute #7  
Hey PACountry'

I have a woods, and it had a hand crank for chute rotation as well .. I used an inexpensive 12v winch from Harbor freight (about $40.00). I removed the bolts that hold the spool .. Cut the far end off of the spool. Took a piece of 1.25 inch pipe and made a cupler to connect the cutoff end of the winch spool to the place were the hand crank was connected. I had to weld a battery box/holder on the blower as well. I'm using the old battery out of my wife's Honda CRV and have not had to charge it yet this year.

Pic is kind of iffy .. if you want more detailed pic's let me know I'll get some.

Tractor on

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 840
   / Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute #8  

Hydraulic rotator? whst kind of blower?

/ Ideas needed to turn snow blower chute #10  
Here's mine I rigged up from scrap metal, some cable, two pulleys and an old hydraulic cylinder I had at the time. It's worked great for close to 20 years now.

Attachments

• ChuteRotate 001.jpg
    ChuteRotate 001.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 619
  • ChuteRotate 002.jpg
    ChuteRotate 002.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 414
  • ChuteRotate 003.jpg
    ChuteRotate 003.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 378