Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son
Took some time off to finish up all of the house projects. Also took a break from the dozer and did something else. Wife wanted a porch swing. And I always wanted a ring roller. So I built both. I know it isn't related but I do have an update on the dozer too.

photo2.jpg

PS0155.jpg

PS0161.jpg

Still need to paint it but haven't decided how I want to yet.

So tonight, I got back to the dozer a bit. Nothing really exciting but I finished the lower side panels of the engine area. After cutting all of these pieces with a straight edge and cutoff wheel on a Metabo, I really wish I had a CNC plasma.

BD00317.jpg

Also tried to wrap up the cad models for the drive sprocket and tensioner wheel. The guy I know got his hi def cnc plasma installed in his shop now. He still offered to cut them out for me so I want to get that going soon.

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #72  
Wow.

I'm going to guess 'good enough' is a phrase which has never occurred to you. :thumbsup:

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #73  
We'd all love a plama cutter, but I would just love to be able to do CAD. Let alone having an imagination like you do. Reckon you're from space.... Sure you aren't my cousin?
Alien

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #74  
Coming along very nicely. Takes me back to the many hours I spent in the seat of one of those.

Harry K

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #75  
I beautiful labor of Love this is...BRAVO...:applause:

Sub'd in I am!

Wow.

I'm going to guess 'good enough' is a phrase which has never occurred to you. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately no. It's becoming an obsession.

We'd all love a plama cutter, but I would just love to be able to do CAD. Let alone having an imagination like you do. Reckon you're from space.... Sure you aren't my cousin?
Alien

Could be. My wife sure thinks I'm different.

It always looks better with the tracks next to it. Keeps me motivated.

photo117.jpg

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #77  
Sure is turning out bigger than I thought, sure it's not for you?:laughing:

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #78  
I am totally in awe of your fab and design skills. I have a home shop similar to yours and could never find the time nor do I have the skill to work at this level. Thanks for detailing this for us to enjoy!

Sure is turning out bigger than I thought, sure it's not for you?:laughing:

Well......I did flare out the seat area so I could sit in it. So yeah, I can ride it. But it's for my son. I swear.

I am totally in awe of your fab and design skills. I have a home shop similar to yours and could never find the time nor do I have the skill to work at this level. Thanks for detailing this for us to enjoy!

Thanks. It's been a lot of work so far. This is the first real big project I've ever done in my garage. Hopefully there are many more to come.

I didn't take many pictures and I still have a few loose ends to finish up but I got most of the running boards done. And I can't help but put the tracks next to it when I take a picture.

BD00330.jpg

BD00327.jpg

My cnc guy is supposed to have the drive sprocket and tensioner wheels done in a few weeks. Whenever the next time he has a sheet of 3/4" on the table. So hopefully I can start working on the drivetrain soon.

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #80  
It looks good!