Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires

Default Re: Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    It looks good!
    No, it definitely looks GREAT!!! Your son is going to have a lot of jealous friends! I bet he'll be able to make his college tuition just charging all of them (and their dad's) to ride on it lol.
    Nothing could be finer than riding my JD790 in South Carolina!!

2001 John Deere 790 4x4 with Model 70 FEL, 5ft International World Agritech bush hog, 5ft Wallberg BB, 5ft Frontier disc harrow, 5ft King Kutter II Rototiller, 5ft Cultipacker, 5ft Sitrex finish mower, Leinbach PHD with 9" & 12" augers, Leinbach middlebuster, Leinbach #11 Field Cultivator, boom pole, custom 3pt handi-hitch, clamp on bucket forks, Pat's Easy Change.

Nothing runs like a Deere, or smells like a John....

Tractor
    2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    It looks good!
    No, it definitely looks GREAT!!! Your son is going to have a lot of jealous friends! I bet he'll be able to make his college tuition just charging all of them (and their dad's) to ride on it lol.
    Nothing could be finer than riding my JD790 in South Carolina!!

2001 John Deere 790 4x4 with Model 70 FEL, 5ft International World Agritech bush hog, 5ft Wallberg BB, 5ft Frontier disc harrow, 5ft King Kutter II Rototiller, 5ft Cultipacker, 5ft Sitrex finish mower, Leinbach PHD with 9" & 12" augers, Leinbach middlebuster, Leinbach #11 Field Cultivator, boom pole, custom 3pt handi-hitch, clamp on bucket forks, Pat's Easy Change.

Nothing runs like a Deere, or smells like a John....

your job is wonderfull. Im inspired in this site because of the people in here an their potentials

So I will have a good update soon. Slight design (and parts change) coming. Gearing up for Christmas time when I'm going to have a couple of days off from work to really knock some stuff out. Here is a little teaser pic until next week.

Tractor
    A couple

Dozerbuilder spent some money at the waterjet cutting place.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Tractor
    Oliver 1855, Case 1840, Cub 1550

Very impressive build !!!

Dave

Veteran Member

So that is how it was done! I spent 10 years at a pattern torch (Map/oxy) and could turn out really clean work on stuff up to 2" thick but nothing that good. It always had those little ridges on the cut surface.

Harry K

Actually, that's from a hi-def cnc plasma cutter. Looks better than I expected. I gotta guy that bought one a few months ago for his business.

Tractor
    A couple

Well that HD CNC Plasma Cutter sure did a nice job. It sure looks like it was cut with water or a laser.
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    Well that HD CNC Plasma Cutter sure did a nice job. It sure looks like it was cut with water or a laser.
    I know. That's what I thought when I saw them. Hardly any finish work. I have another plasma guy that just has a plasmacam table. It won't do this.

So here's an update.

If you've followed this since the beginning, you know I bought a mower for cheap and took out the transmissions. Then after that, all I could do is worry about how long they were going to last and where I could get replacement parts or whole transmissions. It's what I get for being cheap. So after scanning ebay to find spares, one popped up. Ended up selling for a lot of $$. So I figured, screw it. I was up happy with the linkage configuration, the layout and of course the fact that if they fail, I'm screwed. So I listed them. Ended up making enough profit that I bought a brand new set from Surplus Center. And this will make the linkage, mounting and track frame all easier. And they are a standard mount for the most part.

So everything I've done up to this point wasn't a waste. I got valuable machining and design experience. And it won't take much to reset the frame. I avoided doing too much work in that area until I figured out what I wanted to do. So I have to cut off a few brackets and replace a crossmember. And I've been mostly working on the new design for the track frame which in the end will be a lot easier to build. And of course the old transmissions paid for the new ones. So no complaints there. Should have tried selling them sooner.

So I feel much better now.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast