Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #81  
It looks good!

No, it definitely looks GREAT!!! Your son is going to have a lot of jealous friends! I bet he'll be able to make his college tuition just charging all of them (and their dad's) to ride on it lol.

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #82  
It looks good!

No, it definitely looks GREAT!!! Your son is going to have a lot of jealous friends! I bet he'll be able to make his college tuition just charging all of them (and their dad's) to ride on it lol.

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #83  
your job is wonderfull. Im inspired in this site because of the people in here an their potentials

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son
So I will have a good update soon. Slight design (and parts change) coming. Gearing up for Christmas time when I'm going to have a couple of days off from work to really knock some stuff out. Here is a little teaser pic until next week.
photo1.jpg

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #86  
Very impressive build !!!

Dave

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #87  
So that is how it was done! I spent 10 years at a pattern torch (Map/oxy) and could turn out really clean work on stuff up to 2" thick but nothing that good. It always had those little ridges on the cut surface.

Harry K

Actually, that's from a hi-def cnc plasma cutter. Looks better than I expected. I gotta guy that bought one a few months ago for his business.

/ Scale Cat Twenty Two Dozer Ride On For My Son #89  
Well that HD CNC Plasma Cutter sure did a nice job. It sure looks like it was cut with water or a laser.

Well that HD CNC Plasma Cutter sure did a nice job. It sure looks like it was cut with water or a laser.

I know. That's what I thought when I saw them. Hardly any finish work. I have another plasma guy that just has a plasmacam table. It won't do this.

So here's an update.
SAM_0914.jpg

If you've followed this since the beginning, you know I bought a mower for cheap and took out the transmissions. Then after that, all I could do is worry about how long they were going to last and where I could get replacement parts or whole transmissions. It's what I get for being cheap. So after scanning ebay to find spares, one popped up. Ended up selling for a lot of $$. So I figured, screw it. I was up happy with the linkage configuration, the layout and of course the fact that if they fail, I'm screwed. So I listed them. Ended up making enough profit that I bought a brand new set from Surplus Center. And this will make the linkage, mounting and track frame all easier. And they are a standard mount for the most part.

So everything I've done up to this point wasn't a waste. I got valuable machining and design experience. And it won't take much to reset the frame. I avoided doing too much work in that area until I figured out what I wanted to do. So I have to cut off a few brackets and replace a crossmember. And I've been mostly working on the new design for the track frame which in the end will be a lot easier to build. And of course the old transmissions paid for the new ones. So no complaints there. Should have tried selling them sooner.

So I feel much better now.