Electric chute deflector for my tractor snowblower

/ Electric chute deflector for my tractor snowblower #1  

smfcpacfp

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030HSDC
My Kubota B3030 HSDC tractor came with a B2782 snowblower with a manual chute deflector pictured below:

original-chute-deflector.jpg

Although I live in the boondocks and don't have to worry about thowing snow in my neighbor's yard, it is still nice to change the angle of the chute periodically. Getting out of the tractor and doing it manually is a pain so most of the time when I would have liked to change the angle, I would just use it the way it was.

I had seen others on this forum construct their own methods of controlling the chute deflector angle from within the cab. WayneB gave me some specific information on where to get the critical parts needed to build one like this and here is the result. I probably spent $125 on parts (actuator, DP/DT switch, wire, bolts, washers, fuses and fuse holder).

I spent more time running wire around my tractor than on any other part of the process and it was 25 degrees out but I did have my kerosene salamander to keep me a bit warm. I probably spent 4 hours on installing eveything with my wife's help at times. The actuator has a 4" stroke although I could get by with less. The mount on the chute seems a little flimsy with a little vibration, but there really isn't much stress, so I think it will work. I did put a fuse in the system with the unit directly wired to the battery. It would be nice to not have the wire hanging lose, but you need some slack. In any event it is working very well so far after 5 snowblowing episodes since I installed it.

chute-deflector1.jpg

CHUTE OPENED TO MINIMUM
chute-closed.jpg

CHUTE OPENED TO MAXIMUM
chute-open.jpg

DP/DT MOMENTUM SWITCH ON LEVER SHROUD
deflector-switch.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Here is a short movie on YouTube of my tractor snowblowing:

Kubota B3030 HSDC snowblowing Jan 2012 (HD) - YouTube

/ Electric chute deflector for my tractor snowblower #3  
Great looking job there. Where did you get the pars for it. I sure would like to do that to mine.

/ Electric chute deflector for my tractor snowblower
I bought the 3.93" STROKE 107 LB. 12 VDC LINEAR ACTUATOR from Surplus Center - Hydraulics, Engines, Electrical and More for $85. On the same webpage is listed the DPDT-CO 30 AMP MOMENTARY TOGGLE SWITCH which cost $9.50. Be sure you purchase the momentary switch.

I bought the wire, bolts to mount the actuator, fuse assembly locally. I have a kit with wire connectors. The actuator came with a connector which is often used in cars but is pretty bulky. I snipped it off and used simply, small connectors which I could wrap up with tape to protect from the weather.

/ Electric chute deflector for my tractor snowblower #5  
Thanks so much for the info on that I will be ordering one so I can do same for my tractor. Thanks again for the info.

/ Electric chute deflector for my tractor snowblower #6  
TYM offers a electric kit that will bolt right on to their front mount blower.

/ Electric chute deflector for my tractor snowblower #8  
smfcpacfp,

Great job and excellent write-up. I can never get enough of these electric actuation mods. It is interesting to see how each individual makes this mod to his/her needs.

I noted in your original post "The mount on the chute seems a little flimsy with a little vibration". I might suggest (and only a suggestion but has worked for us), placing a bolt with lock nut where the manual tightener would go on the right hand side (yellow circle). It is hard to tell, but it appears there is one on the left hand side (green circle). We didn't fasten the nut tight but only enough to allow the channel on the deflector chute a path to follow. For us it seems to 'balance' the deflector as it was lowered and raised.

I apologize for my lack of technical terms and again, thank you for your post.

lost

Attachments

• chute-open.jpg
    chute-open.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,084
  • IMG_0896.jpg
    IMG_0896.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 1,199
   / Electric chute deflector for my tractor snowblower #9  
tym dealer. What is the part number and cost for the electric chute control. Do you have any pictures of it?

/ Electric chute deflector for my tractor snowblower #10  
SB700559 is the part number and it retails for around $250. I don't have any pic's but it would work just like the above pics posted and have a switch in your cab to operate it