auxiliary lights

/ auxiliary lights #1  

the6shooter

Gold Member
Tractor
MF 1643
Well I didn't have anything to do today, since it has for gotten us with the weather here in Oklahoma. (still waiting for rain).
I desided to make a bracket for Auxiliary lighting. and here is what I did...
1. Got some 2 x 5 angle iron cut to 6 inches

2. Drilled some holes for square U- bolts

3. Bought some lights from Trucklite, ordered though Napa Auto Parts.

4. Put it all togather, and wha-la.

Now to tear it all apart and grind down the corners and paint.

Note: the lights I bought are $20.00 each, they have the built in switch and plug in to the wires under the fender, so no wiring and no drilling on the tractor. and > me < likes the no drilling part:thumbsup:

Attachments

• bracket-1.jpg
    bracket-1.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 267
  • bracket-2.jpg
    bracket-2.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 224
  • bracket-3.jpg
    bracket-3.jpg
    951.3 KB · Views: 403
  • bracket-5.jpg
    bracket-5.jpg
    939.2 KB · Views: 406
   / auxiliary lights
and this is the upc# for the lights, if you want some for yourself

Attachments

• light-w-switch.jpg
    light-w-switch.jpg
    656 KB · Views: 242
   / auxiliary lights
When I put this togather I made it for 2 lights one forward and one aft. I do prefer then to the insid and lower but then this is just a mock up. now painting and mounting them in the right place. this was a fun build and simple.
$7.00 for the angle iron $7.00 for the U-bolts and $20.00 for each light. better than paying for factory made.
hope this helps thoughts that are thinging of making your own. and the lights have the bullet plug in on the end of the wire.
david

/ auxiliary lights #4  
Good work! They look like they will work great. Post more pics once you get i all painted up.

/ auxiliary lights #5  
I'm interested in what wiring these plug in to. Do they connect to your rear marker lights?

/ auxiliary lights
I have female plugs in the wiring harness, under the rear fenders that are hot, and pluged them into the harness.
Didn't need to make a run of wire, just used the harnes, it was for the optional rear light, just didn't want to pay the dealer $94.00 for one light.
The lights I got from napa have an internal switch. and they where only $22.00 each.
david