Just a new set of Battery boxes for my 4020

/ Just a new set of Battery boxes for my 4020 #21  
If I can keep Mama from dragging me into the house to work on trim yes. LOL

Seriously she (the tractor is a good old girl and everything I do to her I do right so one day she will be better han new I hope. :thumbsup:

Today I built a new step for the right side. Got it fabbed and welded and tomorrow I can prep and paint it.

I cant decide whether they will be yellow or JD green. What do you guys think.

Here are some pics...

Whatever colour you find will be most visible in all light conditions so you don't miss that step.:thumbsup:

/ Just a new set of Battery boxes for my 4020
Well here is the right side finished the left side should go faster.

Mama dragged me into the house to case a window and put up trim over the weekend so back at it tomorrow night

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG-20120204-00131.jpg
    IMG-20120204-00131.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 182
Well Mama let me out to the shop

The other side is going much faster than the first side

Here it is tacked together, I will finish weld and fit tomorrow, the prep for paint Saturday and paint

I would guess I will be done by Sunday Morning installed

Attachments

• IMG-20120209-00134.jpg
    IMG-20120209-00134.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 123
Final assembly tonight then its back to hydraulic cyclinder seals yay

I will post pictures later

Well the new battery boxes are both in and connected. I started the tractor and worked the hydraulics. I will run it some more tomorrow and exercize the tilt cyclinders and make sure there is oil in the one I rebuilt before I pull the other one.

Here are a couple of pics of the left side. Honestly I am happier with the right side but all in all it turned out well. The left box is a little tighter than I wanted, I have to hope the steel will outswell the battery when they warm up otherwise I may have to rebuild the left box. I hope not.

Attachments

• IMG-20120212-00140.jpg
    IMG-20120212-00140.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG-20120223-00141.jpg
    IMG-20120223-00141.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 170
   / Just a new set of Battery boxes for my 4020 #26  
Well done, Grayson! :thumbsup: I don't remember how you came out on the loader controls..? Were you able to either track down a command station that fit inside the cab or did you build your own?

Thanks for the running picture "story", too. I'm a real sucker for seeing the step by step, stuff! :D

AKfish

/ Just a new set of Battery boxes for my 4020 #27  
Looks real good, I like the battery boxes much better than the tilt out OEM ones too.

Well done, Grayson! :thumbsup: I don't remember how you came out on the loader controls..? Were you able to either track down a command station that fit inside the cab or did you build your own?

Thanks for the running picture "story", too. I'm a real sucker for seeing the step by step, stuff! :D

AKfish

I have the control picked out, but haven't bought it yet, too many other things on the go but this summer I think.

Yeah I love picture stories too gives a guy an idea as to steps if he want to do it himself.

This weekend I an closing in the back bottom of the cab as last year running a serious brush mower pieces found the opening and kept hitting me in the back of my right leg. I will just add it to this post.

Looks real good, I like the battery boxes much better than the tilt out OEM ones too.

My batteries are WAY easier to get out and if the boxes are in the way its just four more bolts. :thumbsup: