LA 302 bucket quick hitch

/ LA 302 bucket quick hitch #11  
wow that works better then the factory one on my b3200. my pins hardly ever just slide in. I hope to build a skid steer style one of these days. Wish i had the metal shop access that you do it sure would make it a much easier build
Rob

/ LA 302 bucket quick hitch #12  
Wow I'm doing the same thing right now for my B7800. I got the hookup brackets made now and just have to go and get the other flat stock. Mine are little different but hookup like yours, but the hookup pin is above the lower pin. Yours is going to be better then mine and when I get them done I well post a picture and then you can see what I mean.

/ LA 302 bucket quick hitch
You know why I made the QH for the loader don't you? Yep next on the agenda is a set of FEL forks! I got a set of 42" forks last summer from our jitney repair man for scrap price $.15 a lb. x 80 lbs ea = $24.00! I got started on them tonight. Sorry no pics (phone was on charge!) I am using 2.5"x2.5"x.5" angle for the top and bottom rail that the forks slide on with 2.5"x.375" flat bar for the uprights. I notched the top bar from the center to the outside edge 2.50" on center, 7 notches each side. I made a 4" notch in the bottom center to facilitate removal. That's about all I got done tonight. I will post pics tomorrow.

/ LA 302 bucket quick hitch #15  
What a great project, and well executed too. I've been thinking about doing something like this for my LA302 as well but it seemed like all the quick attaches I've seen add more weight than I would want. But this design is elegant and simple. I do have a couple of questions though. Since you didn't post any pics with the bucket attached, I'm trying to figure out the purpose of that little piece of metal on the outboard sides that is welded on an angle and has a crescent shaped cut on the end. In the video I see you putting in and taking out the 3/4 inch pins but what holds them in, or did you just slide them in for the purposes of showing how easy they go in? Also, what is the diameter of the solid rod connecting the sides. I haven't looked at your fork project yet but that is next on my list as well. But based on this project I'm sure it will also be great.

JohnZ
B7500

Thanks zmansmac, I copied this from the BL1676 hitch Kubota offers for the LA402 loader and others. I just down sized it to fit the LA302.

First Question; That little piece of metal is a stop that after you hook the top then roll the hitch back the bushing material that the pins go through locates it self and makes the holes line up to be able to insert the pins.

Second Question; The pins are held in with a 1/4" lynch pin I just didn't put them in while I was demonstrating how quick and easy it was to put on and take off the bucket.

The diameter of the rod is immaterial as all it does is hold the hooks and keeps them parallel. I picked something of the shelf and drilled the holes and welded it in. In this case it was 7/8" but you could use 3/4" or 5/8" or even 1". I put the bucket clamps on the arms and the bucket on the clamps then disconnected the battery inserted the rod and welded it there in place to make sure the clamps were positioned correctly.

zmansmac, here is a couple of pics of how that "crescent" stop works. and also of my lynch pin.

you put the hook on the top of the QH under the top pin, lift up and roll the QH back and the bushing goes against the stop and then slide the pin in and put the lynch pin in.
Simple as that! :thumbsup: and all takes less than a minute! :D
I can't take credit for the design as it is Kubota's.

Attachments

• 0225121322.jpg
    0225121322.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 672
  • 0225121321.jpg
    0225121321.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 571
  • 0225121520.jpg
    0225121520.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 575
   / LA 302 bucket quick hitch #18  
Thanks for the explanations and the pics. I don't have any close neighbors with this set up and, although I haven't been to my local dealer in a while, I never looked because I thought Kubota's quick hitches were only on larger tractors, and that they are a different set up. I figured the cross piece size didn't matter too much. I have some tube stock that I think I'll use. That way it will be easier to weld a receiver box in the middle of the cross piece for use when towing a trailer.

JohnZ
B7500

"I figured the cross piece size didn't matter too much. I have some tube stock that I think I'll use."

I thought about using a tube instead of solid bar but the bar is what I grabbed off the shelf! The one thing you want to check before you weld it in place is to make sure when you roll the bucket all the way back it does not hit the cylinder ends. I didn't take this into consideration and mine hit the ends but took the 7" wildcat and a stone to it and made some clearance on the bar and now it doesn't touch it. Also roll the bucket down all the way to check for clearance on the arm ends. Fortunately I had clearance there so only the grinding on the one side was all I needed. My 7/8" round bar has a flat spot on each side now but only took about 1/4" off to get the clearance.