LA 302 bucket quick hitch

/ LA 302 bucket quick hitch #31  
Your thread has been an immense help in designing a quick attach for my Massey GC2610 with DL100 loader. I want to be able to switch quickly between the regular bucket, a larger bucket for snow, and a set of front forks with a trailer hitch. Are you able to tell me how much capacity I'll lose with the bucket the few extra inches farther foreward. I don't know how to calculate it and the load capacity is important to me. I do like the idea of not having to modify the bucket so that I can't screw anything up too badly.

/ LA 302 bucket quick hitch
Sorry Not2old I haven't been on here in quite a while. I do not know the answer to your question but assume it would loose minimal capacity. I am sure someone in the know will answer this for you though.

/ LA 302 bucket quick hitch #33  
Realize this thread isn't quite current, but hypothetically if your FEL is 4' from rear pivot point to the point where the lift cylinder rod attaches, and 4' from there to the original pin location, and you add 5" to that distance with the QA system, you would have approximately 95% as much lift as before.

So, if your FEL is rated for 600 lbs you'd lose about 30 pounds, or 0.95 times whatever yours is rated for. This will change depending on the various distances between the above-mentioned points.

It's really more complicated than that, involving vectors and stuff - but for "kentucky windage" that'll be really close... Steve

Oh, you'd also need to subtract the weight of your added materials for the QA itself, so maybe 60-70 pounds total. Forgot about that part, sorry...

/ LA 302 bucket quick hitch
Sorry this took so long to get back to as I just reread the whole thread and realized there were a couple questions I hadn't answered. First is Kenan's I used 3/16 thick steel for the side plates and the hooks on the top. as for 46andtool's I did not have to modify the bucket. The whole idea was to use a "stock" setup so I didn't have to cut or drill on the bucket.

Thanks BuckitCase for answering the last question. I can't remember but think I only added about 3" or 4" to the original mount location of the bucket and when I weighed the mount it came in at 19# so as you already said I only lost minimal capacity

Last edited: