Question; How to build a basic 3ph frame implement side.

/ Question; How to build a basic 3ph frame implement side. #1  

GrizzyDan

Bronze Member
Tractor
International
I've searched and failed to find dimensions on building the basic 3ph attachment, there are thousands of builds out there, yet the information I am trying to acquire is where to place the top link on the implement side.

My understanding of a 4 link system is to keep the horizontal bars parallel.. yet I've seen upper 3ph links at just about every angle and I am curious as to the benefits of different placements for the mounts. Parallel, high, low, etc.

Any knowledge would be helpful. Thank you.

/ Question; How to build a basic 3ph frame implement side. #2  
   / Question; How to build a basic 3ph frame implement side. #3  
   / Question; How to build a basic 3ph frame implement side. #4  
i build a 3 point carryall,what i did was got the measurements off my 3 point back blade,came out perfect.hope this helps.

/ Question; How to build a basic 3ph frame implement side. #5  
And then there are the three different elevation holes on the tractor for the upper link...

/ Question; How to build a basic 3ph frame implement side.
This is awesome guys!

I think I am on the right track now, although pat has me confused, I have only 1 mount for the upper link on the tractor, and fiddling with it with one of the levers makes it move just a tiny bit.. maybe 1/8th inch. I have no idea if it is supposed to move more, as it wouldn't be the first thing to sieze up on my new-to-me old tractor.

I had planned to measure the holes on the lower and upper links, but I will get to that in the morning. According to tractordata.com my 504 has 45.9hp at the pto, and 40.3hp at the draw bar (what is a draw bar?) and by the information given that would put my tractor in category 1.

I really like the idea of the carry-all, or the quick hitch.. would save loads of time switching implements, and I'd be more inclined to build a weight box for when I'm just running the loader, etc.. I have no implements yet so I am just assuming it would take a bit of jockeying around to get an implement attached.. especially something heavy, like an 800 lb weight box.

I plan to build a boxblade for my first rear attachment just as soon as I finish the log arch I am currently working on, I have seen hundreds of pics and dozens of builds and with all your help I now feel confident to start this build.

Thanks a bunch :D

Dan