Picture of welding table

/ Picture of welding table #1  

mechanic

Silver Member
Here are pictures of the welding table I made to do welding projects on. It is made from 2x2x1/8 and is 3'x4'. It the perfect height to work off of. I finished welding the corners before putting the top and bottom on. I had to use a floor jack to turn the table on it's side to finish welding the top on.I wanted to say that I left a 1" over hang all the way around the tabel top for welding.

Attachments

• 2011-12-08_14-37-10_11.jpg
    2011-12-08_14-37-10_11.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 6,142
  • 2012-02-28_14-49-54_722.jpg
    2012-02-28_14-49-54_722.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 1,722
  • 2012-03-10_13-41-44_232.jpg
    2012-03-10_13-41-44_232.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 1,843
Last edited:
   / Picture of welding table #2  
Nice job!

Is that a 1/4 plate?

Thx

/ Picture of welding table
The plate is 3x4 1/4"

/ Picture of welding table #4  
Thanks

Was thinking of building a 4x5x1/2

My shop is 26x28 so I think this may be too big

What height did you make it and how tall are you

/ Picture of welding table
The table hits my belt line when standing next to it. I'm 5'10 and this is perfect for welding in standing postions. The table is 38" inches high with the 1/8" plate and 3 inch wheels. I measured for 2" wheels and made the table frame then went out and bought bigger wheels and ended up cutting about 2 inches off the legs to make it fit me right. Make sure you get the wheels first and make it according the wheels you have. It's got a 1/4" plate for a table top which I never dreamed it would be too heavy for me to lift. I did all the work by myself including the lifting. I'm glad I did not go bigger or thicker. I weighs a ton. The wheels are good for 300 lbs but I bet it weighs 300 or more. Also I ended up going out and buying a chop saw after cutting making bad cuts and trying to straighten them out with a grinder.

/ Picture of welding table #6  
The table hits my belt line when standing next to it. I'm 5'10 and this is perfect for welding in standing postions. The table is 38" inches high with the 1/8" plate and 3 inch wheels. I measured for 2" wheels and made the table frame then went out and bought bigger wheels and ended up cutting about 2 inches off the legs to make it fit me right. Make sure you get the wheels first and make it according the wheels you have. It's got a 1/4" plate for a table top which I never dreamed it would be too heavy for me to lift. I did all the work by myself including the lifting. I'm glad I did not go bigger or thicker. I weighs a ton. The wheels are good for 300 lbs but I bet it weighs 300 or more. Also I ended up going out and buying a chop saw after cutting making bad cuts and trying to straighten them out with a grinder.

My guess is that table top plate is right at 150 lbs, the frame is very close to 150lbs and the mesh for the lower level is about 20 lbs. So complete with wheels I am going to say 325 lbs give or take 5 lbs.

Thats a nice table by the way.:thumbsup:

/ Picture of welding table #7  
I like the wheels!

Work had me build a couple for our big shop. Just so happened there was enough materials to build an extra one...hehehehehe

Looks identical, except mine is 4x8', all 1/4" and I used a piece of 1/4" as a backstop/weld/grinding dust splash gaurd...keeps the white walls clean.

After moving it three times, I wish I had wheels on it. It takes three men, two small boys and two jacks to get it on a trailer.... hopefully it found its permanent home. lol

/ Picture of welding table #9  
Nice table Mechanic, will serve you(& other generations) well! I like the locking casters idea. Makes it easier to clean under as well as portability. Nothing better than to wheel it outside on a nice day and weld in the sunlight. That is reinforced strong enough to be able to set a box blade on it if you wanted.:thumbsup:
Just tap a copper ground lug unless you frequently use your welder elswhere.

/ Picture of welding table #10  
Here are pictures of the welding table I made to do welding projects on. It is made from 2x2x1/8 and is 3'x4'. It the perfect height to work off of. I finished welding the corners before putting the top and bottom on. I had to use a floor jack to turn the table on it's side to finish welding the top on.I wanted to say that I left a 1" over hang all the way around the tabel top for welding.

Iam not gona read all the other post,..U did good my man.

kubotakid USA