engine testing stand

/ engine testing stand #1  

1reb

Tractor
TO-20 and 9N ford
do anyone have a plan to build a engine testing stand for a to-20 and 9n?

thank you
Johnny

/ engine testing stand #2  
why on earth would you want an engine test stand for a tractor engine, arent there plenty of tractor rear ends available ???

/ engine testing stand #3  
30 years ago I bought a used Mercruiser Boat Engine (350 Chevy) from a dealer. I wanted to here it run so they just hooked up a battery and gas plus a water hose and started it up sitting on the concrete floor! I have since done it many times except I just blocked them off the floor with 4 X4's. The concrete scratches the oil pan.
You could just build a wood frame strong enough to hold the engine very easily. They won't move around, just a little vibration.

/ engine testing stand #4  
If one has a tractor splitter stand I would think you would have one right there,

the stand I built (do not have a picture of it and a neighbor has it), is a cross between these two pictures, it uses a small Hydraulic jack on each side to raise and lower for fine adjustment and has 4 wheels for stability and it has a diagonal brace for moving the front away from the rear, but only has the single up right working much like the trailer jacks, in the one picture.

one picture is from this site, Splitting stands. - Red Power Magazine Community.

the the other is from this site, Sample Page of Photos on Heavy Duty Shop Equipment: Tractor Splitting Stands: Model HR16

Attachments

• SuperMD9-21-07002.jpg
    SuperMD9-21-07002.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,838
  • cspix03.jpg
    cspix03.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,782
   / engine testing stand #5  
This is what I came up with. It's hooked up to a B7800 in this picture. It well also fit up to my L4240 for sure, but should work on about any mid HP and down.

Attachments

• IMG_1054a.jpg
    IMG_1054a.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 1,392
   / engine testing stand #6  
do anyone have a plan to build a engine testing stand for a to-20 and 9n?

thank you
Johnny

Here's the rig I use for testing my rebuild Hercules engine (4-cyl, gas, ~25hp) from the 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF tractor I'm restoring.

MM-BF engine run stand.JPG

It's just an engine work stand from Harbor Freight, some slotted angle, nuts/bolts and C-clamps. The el cheapo approach :thumbsup:.

Good luck

/ engine testing stand
thank you for your ideal on a engine stand