home made yard plugger

/ home made yard plugger #11  
If you drill through the spikes how will it hold water

Through the SIDE of the spikes, not through the center of the spikes, into the tank

/ home made yard plugger
sorry for the delay.

Ok failed to say change of plans with filling it with water sorry.

I have used angle and built a frame to hole weighs should be around 400 lbs with weighs on it.

Here is the newest pics I have just need to paint it tomorrow.

after thought after building this I could have built it to mount to 3 pt on my tractor but to late now it's done.

Thanks All for your replies Carl

Attachments

• plugger 2.jpeg
    plugger 2.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 2,714
   / home made yard plugger #13  
carlav, I also built one like this but a spiker style. Welded 1/2" nuts onto an old water tank and then welded 4" rods onto the nuts. I was pulling it with a 25 hp Steiner 4x4 tractor and it didn't work so well. Made a mess pulling it around a corner, even wide sweeping turns would make a mess. It would just rip slots in the turf. I'm thinking you will have to add lifting wheels to make corners. I also welded the spikes inline just like you did and driving it across any hard surface was like riding a bronco bull, should have wedled them on an arc so they were always in contact with the ground. I've since made one for the front of my Steiner and it works much better. I also have a few 3 pth ones but very seldom use them. Mine are bought at auction sales and usually come from golf courses.

/ home made yard plugger #15  
sorry for the delay.

Ok failed to say change of plans with filling it with water sorry.

I have used angle and built a frame to hole weighs should be around 400 lbs with weighs on it.

Here is the newest pics I have just need to paint it tomorrow.

after thought after building this I could have built it to mount to 3 pt on my tractor but to late now it's done.

Thanks All for your replies Carl
Nice job and it looks great!!!:thumbsup:

Post some pictures when you get time to use it!

Thanks for sharing!

Bill

/ home made yard plugger
hello all ,

Sorry for the delay in getting back with everyone but wife wanted a new rose bed and raised garden so I had to get it done.(2 weekends)
Happy wife= Happy husband I will put a pic of the rose bed as well.

Yard plugger is finished and painted and works pretty good but needs to rain.
Ground is so hard around here even with 400 lbs added to it still wont sink.
Now in the horse pasture it worked real good but ground has had horses on it for 3 yrs now.

I will post a video of the plugger at work when I get my new phone next week

Hope everyone has a great weekend and BE SAFE

Thanks Carl

Attachments

• plugger 4.jpeg
    plugger 4.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,386
  • plugger 3.JPG
    plugger 3.JPG
    489 KB · Views: 1,537
  • rose bed.jpeg
    rose bed.jpeg